Author Topic: problems with the last update (avast! 8)  (Read 2805 times)

ericatn

problems with the last update (avast! 8)
« on: March 21, 2013, 03:57:13 PM »
Hello,
today I've tried to update my avast to the version 8.0.1483 because the program asked me to do so. The update seemed to have gone well, then I was asked to restart the pc. I've done it but when I logged in I saw that avast was not active: the home page of the program tells me the pc is not protected and if I try to activate it, a message tells me that another program is trying to stop the activation. When I try to proceed, my pc stops working and I can't do anything but turn it off and restart. I also tried to uninstall, re-download and reinstall it, but everything happens again.
I think no other firewall is obstaculating avast: I have also malwarebytes and spybot installed, but they are passive and 'till now they didn't interfere with avast.
I thougth about a virus, so I scansioned my system with spybot and removed some stuff, but nothing has changed. I don't now if the problem is internal or external to the system, maybe something in the pc is damaged (a popup avast message is telling me that the subsistem AAVM has found an RPC error).

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
Re: problems with the last update (avast! 8)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 04:54:32 AM »
Hello ericatn, welcome to the forums.

Do you use MacType on your computer? Many reports says MacType is comflicting with avast! v8.
Exclude AvastUI.exe from using MacType should solve the problem.

Also I suggest to uninstall Spybot S&D.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

PeteSand

Re: problems with the last update (avast! 8)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 08:02:17 PM »
I have exactly the same problem! I hope they will solve it very soon, otherwise people will start using AVG...