Author Topic: Trojan?  (Read 18108 times)

emere

Re: Trojan?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 03:45:04 PM »
Doesn't look like a false positive to me.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?Name=Exploit%3AJava%2FBlacole.AV

I got the same error trying to access my bank. Microsoft says it's real.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:46:41 PM by emere »

fraser

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »
It would appear that AVAST is picking up compressed javascript and falsely reporting it as JS/Blacole.AV trojan  ::)

Avast triggers a warning for every website that uses a CMS and gzip-compressed JS

It is causing major problems at the game I moderate, unless there has been a major global infestation which no one else has picked up this is an AVAST issue not a genuine trojan.

/uninstalled until fixed

I can do this on all my machines quicker than adding realtime / webshield / scriptshield exceptions for every site I need to visit

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:51:36 PM by fraser »

fraser

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 03:48:32 PM »
Microsoft says it's real.

The trojan is real - I doubt this detection is  ;)

emere

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 03:54:00 PM »
OK. UNINSTALLING AVAST!!!!!!!!! No time for rubbish. They need to fix this ASAP.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 03:57:11 PM »
I am detecting a Java script on the site ..  I have downloaded it and edited it.. (after closing Avast ) I can see nothing there at the moment but I am not to hot on Java

Edit :  Submitted to virus labs for analysis
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:59:04 PM by essexboy »

merricat

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 04:12:55 PM »
I ran Malware bytes and it found nothing.
Avast has a file named  JS:Blacole-AV [Trj] .
I can seemingly get into everything but my online banking.
My bank has no problems that they know of.
Now what?

Offline kim_c

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 04:20:37 PM »
I am only having a problem with tesco.com. Wish they'd do something, I need to do my grocery shopping!

MAG

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 04:26:16 PM »
I ran Malware bytes and it found nothing.
Avast has a file named  JS:Blacole-AV [Trj] .
I can seemingly get into everything but my online banking.
My bank has no problems that they know of.
Now what?

Not sure that there are any options but to (i) wait for a response/update of database from avast or (ii) choose to ignore the detection and take a risk (or (iii) change AV, which if avast is the only av detecting is pretty much the same as (ii)).

merricat

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 04:30:21 PM »
Not sure that there are any options but to (i) wait for a response/update of database from avast or (ii) choose to ignore the detection and take a risk (or (iii) change AV, which if avast is the only av detecting is pretty much the same as (ii)).

Well waiting it will probably be as I can't do what I needed to do lol.
I only have Avast and Malware bytes. Avast put the trojan in the virus vault. So probably that is why malware bytes finds nothing.

As to risk the only thing this is effecting is my online banking site..... so...I don't know :(

Drooooom

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 04:47:09 PM »
It would appear that AVAST is picking up compressed javascript and falsely reporting it as JS/Blacole.AV trojan  ::)

Avast triggers a warning for every website that uses a CMS and gzip-compressed JS

It is causing major problems at the game I moderate, unless there has been a major global infestation which no one else has picked up this is an AVAST issue not a genuine trojan.
"Avast triggers a warning for every website that uses a CMS and gzip-compressed JS"

Oh, I've got the same problem with videos on canalplus.fr :

hxxp://media.canal-plus.com/design_pack/front_office_wwwplus/js/cplus.8b4dc01d11c41b6fdece6c63160522e9.min.js is the problem [ JS:Blacole-AV [Trj] ] according to my scan report...

kd5

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 04:55:52 PM »
The same (JS:Blacole-AV [Trj]) is being reported when I log into my banking acount.  If this is in fact a false positive, then it needs to be taken care of QUICKLY.  If it is NOT a false positive, then I need to call my bank and tell them someone has infected their website with a trojan.       -kd5-
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 05:10:03 PM by kd5 »

spbastien

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 05:02:30 PM »
Having the same issue trying to access my account settings for Google.

hxxps://www.google.com/settings/account?hl=en

JJB22

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 05:13:05 PM »
I am only having a problem with tesco.com. Wish they'd do something, I need to do my grocery shopping!

Perhaps its a sign we need to walk and fetch it? ::)

jimmy2done

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 05:14:42 PM »
Just wanted to say I visited the Adobe forums looking something up and I got the same message, avast said there was a trojan infecting Adobe. Hopefully someone will see this thread, this is huge mistake that is going to cause major issues for people if it doesn't get fixed quickly. I highly doubt all these major corporations have this trojan, more likely a false positive.

Virus definitions: 120828-1
Program version: 7.0.1466

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 05:17:47 PM »
Whenever it is a FP, it will be soon be taken care of with a coming update,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!