Author Topic: Installtation from Free antiviurus + Google Chrome  (Read 14121 times)

Davy

Re: Installtation from Free antiviurus + Google Chrome
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 01:16:23 AM »
Could I just repeat-:

I had this very problem, certainly no boxes to untick and got Chrome, I got chrome after an update.... no options I surely don't need to repeat that OK?

I used uninstall tool to remove Avast I scoured all the files relating to Avast, Alwill .... and Google deleting them and then I went through the registry doing the same...

you'd think that would do it wouldn't you - wrong upon a reinstall I got that blasted Chrome, soooo I reformatted and then re cloned the hard drive from a clean copy.... installing Avast again, yippee I got the option box.

But lets not get too excited servers can have bugs as well uh?

Now, if I had any time I would try to find what files that 'so-called' uninstaller missed - yes it left plenty of cleaning up to do - why did it take a clean wipe of the drive, gotta be a file, a bug that's causing this problem.

Why the heck are these guys on here still saying we missed this n' that, should have unticked this or that - can they NOT read what is being said, are we more simpler than them?

At least I know and many others know when they say there were NO BOXES to tick there really WAS no boxes to tick, is it really that difficult to get into your heads just how many more times do you ALL need to be told there really was no option given?

Isn't it about time this matter was resolved once and for all,  Avast should not be piggybacking other folks crap, what else is being installed behind closed doors?

Avast must be on top of the premier league with number  BSOD's and they'er pushing Google Chrome, say's a lot!

Dave

Arnold72

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 01:21:04 AM »
Because of the constant bluescreen issues that is why i have uninstalled avast for now until a bug release is issued.

Arnold72

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 10:32:57 AM »
Because of the constant bluescreen issues that is why i have uninstalled avast for now until a bug release is issued.

Your BSOD is unrelated to Avast since you insist on using Comodo also. Try Avast alone and see what happens.

Your reply is nonsense.
Comodo firewall is NOT the cause.
Everything was running just fine until the latest version of avast was installed.

It is obvious avast were the culprit.

Davy

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »
Avast is acting dumb here!!!
Every user should be in charge of their own machine no-one else, why can't Avast keep a 'known good stable version' on line for anyone who is running older gear.

Avast need's remember everyone is not using the latest software, the fastest CPU and the latest operating system, nor brand new machines, everyone has their own pet browser! - this is clearly Avast failing

Do we really must adapt to run Avast - I don't think so, they need to cater for our wants if they want my subscription rather than dictate as Avast is doing, it's my choice.

My choice is clear,  get this fixed before my subscription runs out .

Damn it if I want a water tank I go to a plumber if I want Chrome I go to Google whats simpler?

galaxyviewer

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 01:17:03 PM »

Hi there Avast-users...I've had Free Avast,untill it expired,and I bought Internet Security for 1 year...BUT : I CAN'T  get it to work!!!First coz of my Firewall,then I shut THAT down...But now,when I try to root Avast and open it from download,it say's : The program has not the nessecery permission..
AND my laptop keeps telling me,my pc is in DANGER  :o !!!WHAT CAN/SHOULD I DO??? >:(   I run on Google Chrome and windows 8,and I HAVE REMOOVED the previous Antivirus (MacAffe),and I'm no wizard on a pc..I'm DESPARET,PLEASE GIVE ME THE GOLDEN ANSWER...  :'(
Have a brilliant day people,Regards from galaxyviewer  :-[

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 03:43:44 PM »
For the rooting problem I would recommend that you post in the mobile forum http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=37.0

Is it windows security centre telling you that you are unsecured or Avast itself ?

Carsti

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 09:30:54 PM »
Adding to the "angry user count." >:(

I hate those piggyback installs. Every damn tool wants to install something extra. If your not careful, your computer ends up being infested with five browser, onehundertfiftyseven tool-bars and a bunch of programs that will further slow you computer down. It's like a virus, ther very thing I pay you to protect me from. Yes, I own a subscription for 2 computers and all of the sudden I pay you to install that Chrome browser? I will not discuss why I prefer Firefox, it is as it is. You get my money for installing virus-protection. If you start knowing my software-preferences better then I, I move to the next provider.

And don't give me "just untick the box." First I'm offended to have to do that so many times and second my wife obviously missed that while thinking to do something good for her computer. I sat an howr to remove that stuff again.

Cobbler, stick to your trade.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 10:33:20 PM »
Welcome to the real world. Anytime any user installs software it is advisable to either use the custom option or don't just click, click. click your way through any install. It seems nowadays every other software has an opt-out for something or other. Personally I would like to see them all go "opt-in" and not "opt-out" Opt-out results in nothing more than someone ranting.

Other than that, I like Chrome. As does almost 53% of the world.  http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline skinnypops

• backup, backup, backup
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 10:51:20 PM »
hello everyone,

look, we all hate the piggybacked opt outs. i personally hate chrome, but that is neither here or there. stop complaining, do what needs to be done and move on in whichever direction you choose.  this is a help forum, not a crybaby forum. if you do not like the product, then get something else.
leave this forum for those who would actually like to get help when needed.

thank you and have a nice day
new HP , amd a10-8700p quad core @ 1.8 gig radeon r6 graphics ,dedicated radeon r8 2gb graphics card, 8 gig ddr3-1600 memory, 1 tb hdd, win 10x64 home 1607 build 14393.1066, avast free 17.3.2291,  windows firewall, mbae free, mbam free, open dns, cryptoprevent, mcshield, paragon bu & recovery 2015,system explorer

Carsti

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2013, 06:12:01 PM »
Welcome to the real world.

Living in the real world for about 45 years now and I came to accept piggybacks for free software and the like, but for payed software there should be a difference in general and with anti-virus-protection in special... And I agree, opt-in would be so much more bearable...

leave this forum for those who would actually like to get help when needed.

I understand your need for education, so let's try: A WEBforum is communication medium. In this case not only for user-to-user help, but also a way to get the customer's opinion on the product. A good company values their customers voice not only in good times (no need to change anything), but also in case something went wrong (you might want to modify the product in order to avoid loss of market-share due to customers switching to products of the competition).

If you still feel the need to patronize other users of this forum, yell at those praising the software in the thread "Poll: How do you like Avast V8?" for not seeking any help.

Thank you very much for you attention. There will be no exam.

//Carsten

Dasha

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2014, 07:30:05 AM »
Avast you can argue as much as you like >:( I have just tried (Twice) to Reinstall Avast after a Refresh of Win 8.1 and both times it also installed Google Chrome? No mention of Google Chrome in the "preamble" no Choice,  just Hijacked. You have just lost me. What arrogance. I have been using Avast for years and this was never an Issue so don't start telling me I am at fault. This is a "Sleight of hand" there is no other Box to Tick you either Tick or Discontinue, typical Greed you had a good product and support and now you have sold out! I'll bet you have new management if you haven't you better and soon or Avast is finished Dasha