Author Topic: No Avast Icon in system tray  (Read 8146 times)

littlemisy

No Avast Icon in system tray
« on: January 18, 2005, 09:04:22 PM »
I had to re-format my computer awhile ago and so I re-installed avast. But now, I get no Avast icon in my system tray (start-up menu). Im concerned that it is not running 100% of the time to keep me safe by it not being there. I completley un-installed it and re0installed it twice, but it will not show up. Am I ok, or is there something I should do?

Thank you

littlemisy

Re: No Avast Icon in system tray
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 09:07:40 PM »
As well as my Windows Security system is saying that I am not protected by any Anti Virus software.....I hope you can help
Thanks

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 09:16:54 PM »
Have you tried a repair of Avast?
If not, give it a go.

If that fails, try RejZor's AEC

niko

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 09:20:07 PM »
Hi Littlemisy, how do you uninstall Avast! ?
You might use avclear4 to have a clean uninstall...
Maybe your pb is here ?

littlemisy

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 09:35:48 PM »
You mention repairing....well, I went to Control panel, add & remove programs....then I click on Avast. The only options it gives me though is to CHANGE, UNISTALL or UPDATE. I tried doing change and it says it sucessfully has updated it. Is there somewhere else that gives me the "Repair" option?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 09:42:38 PM »
You mention repairing....well, I went to Control panel, add & remove programs....then I click on Avast. The only options it gives me though is to CHANGE, UNISTALL or UPDATE. I tried doing change and it says it sucessfully has updated it. Is there somewhere else that gives me the "Repair" option?

Are you on-line while checking the 'repair' option?
Which is your avast version and language?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 12:56:10 AM »
Ensure you are on-line and scroll down.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

radhe

No Avast Icon and VRDB "i"in system tray
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 05:40:51 AM »
I am using avast 4.5 home edition and not getting any avast icon or VRDB "i" icon in the
system tray.if it does not appear in system tray how can i know is the avast is working or not when i am isurfing the net.

To appear in the syytem tray  the animation icon what i must do?
How must i do VRDB?

lester16

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 07:39:24 AM »
Did you check your resident scanner settings? I too had the same problem in my Win98Sec machine. The problem was the default settings of Avast’s resident scanner was disabled. If this is your problem too you should open the Avast program (from the Desktop shortcut) and enable the resident scanner (I keep the Resident Scanner at High). The Tray Icon should come back indicating that you are 100% safe.
- Lester

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: No Avast Icon and VRDB "i"in system tray
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 12:27:04 PM »
I am using avast 4.5 home edition and not getting any avast icon or VRDB "i" icon in the
system tray.if it does not appear in system tray how can i know is the avast is working or not when i am isurfing the net.

To appear in the syytem tray  the animation icon what i must do?
How must i do VRDB?

Into the avast4.ini file (see 'Settings' in my signature) you can find a lot of avast tweaks and configurations.
There you can find how to hide the 'a' blue icon, stop spinning, etc. etc.

Did you merge the 'i' icon into the main 'a' blue icon? You can un-merge it... just see the menu VRDB there.
The best things in life are free.

radhe

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 03:27:48 PM »
Thanks for the avast team I had read the help file and now the animation icons are appearing in the system tray.

Thanks for AVAST TEAM for designing a such user friendly Anti-Virus software.
Thanks once again for the skins.

My small suggestion is develop the skins with the Indian Cinema actresses like Chiranjeevi,pawan kalyan ,sharukh khan,aishwarya rai so that many people will
try ur software and u can become popular.