Author Topic: Old-new Brushed skin - some changes !  (Read 30016 times)

Hopismum

Re: Old-new Brushed skin - some changes !
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 07:01:47 PM »
Sasha  :)    David and Lee say its fine  :)     Leave it be..   not to worry pal  :)     

Hopismum

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 07:05:38 PM »
adding this thought Sasha...   forgot to quote and Im not going back to do so  LOL    You are right  (duh silly me)   When looking at it without all the windows open and the other stuff there it all looks fine.    Yeah,    my humble opinion is that its abit wordy,   but thats only one opinion out of gazillions out there...    :)  :)   :)    <=====  lotsa smileys.. no problemo   lol

Hopismum

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2005, 07:08:49 PM »
The new ones up  :)      Little blue drop down thingy works.. I just downloaded it

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2005, 07:09:15 PM »
Thats a program skin,not a commercial for someone from avast! forums. Even if CoJo is our good friend,other 98% of people won't know who that is.

Created by Sasha Zivanovic - Craftec
Skin dedicated to our good friend CoJo

Short enough?
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2005, 07:14:02 PM »
No, no Connie... I like to hear other people's opinions... you know me... you think I would take this huge responsibility to make it possible to get those Mac styled blue buttons (arrows) working on the skin, even we never had something like that before, when it comes to avast! ? I care about a61's opinion... that's why I gave my best to make it happen.

This is great discussion and I want to see more people talk about this in this thread. It will make this skin more beautiful, and it will make me easier make my decision.

I really want to hear from Vlk, and if I get his aproval, I'll send him new version... but, one thing, have to be clear to everyone. CoJo deserved to have one skin dedicated to her, and I'm not gonna remove that dedication for anything in the world. I would rather not to see that skin in avast! download section, than to see it without it. Since the very first pixel I started to draw when I started to make that skin, I had that idea in my head. I want to contribute somehow, and help other members not forget our girl CoJo...

Come on people, I want to hear more opinions...

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Hopismum

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2005, 07:16:45 PM »
RejZor's wording sounds good.

Question for you Sasha.    The new improved one is on the site now... I just played with it abit.   Im not sure if this is normal or not so thought I would ask.    The removeable media part.   If you deselect CD/DVDs and Floppies is it normal for them to then become selected again the next time you load it up?     I was using skinless before and never had to keep deselecting them.   Not a complaint..  just wondering if there is a way to keep how you set it.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2005, 07:18:24 PM »
Thats a program skin,not a commercial for someone from avast! forums. Even if CoJo is our good friend,other 98% of people won't know who that is.

Created by Sasha Zivanovic - Craftec
Skin dedicated to our good friend CoJo

Short enough?

And believe me, that's their problem RejZor, not mine, not Alwil's, not anyone's. This is nice act of remembering someone, not some commercial crap. I'm not forcing anyone to use this skin. Those which likes it, are free to use it, those who doesn't like it, are also free, but this time, not to use it... there is plenty of other skins in download section...

Can't think like that at all... we also have 9-11 skin made by me... so you're telling me we should remove it, 'cause some people from Muslim countries don't like it ? Skin was made as remembering act, not as political stupidity. I don't care who's guilty, who's not. I am just skin designer and I do what I like and what I know...

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2005, 07:19:22 PM »
RejZor's wording sounds good.

Question for you Sasha.    The new improved one is on the site now... I just played with it abit.   Im not sure if this is normal or not so thought I would ask.    The removeable media part.   If you deselect CD/DVDs and Floppies is it normal for them to then become selected again the next time you load it up?     I was using skinless before and never had to keep deselecting them.   Not a complaint..  just wondering if there is a way to keep how you set it.

EDIT: Yes, try checking other skins and you'll see that I'm telling you the truth Connie   :) I wouldn't lie to you girl, now would I ?  ;D

Edit, edit: Sorry Connie, my mistake... At first I thought it was RejZor's question... my bad (slaps cheeks)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 12:47:12 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Hopismum

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2005, 07:23:13 PM »
haha.. that was my question Sasha.. not RejZors   lol

lee16

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2005, 07:30:34 PM »
And believe me, that's their problem RejZor, not mine, not Alwil's, not anyone's. This is nice act of remembering someone, not some commercial crap. I'm not forcing anyone to use this skin. Those which likes it, are free to use it, those who doesn't like it, are also free, but this time, not to use it... there is plenty of other skins in download section...

Can't think like that at all... we also have 9-11 skin made by me... so you're telling me we should remove it, 'cause some people from Muslim countries don't like it ? Skin was made as remembering act, not as political stupidity. I don't care who's guilty, who's not. I am just skin designer and I do what I like and what I know...

Well said Sasha

BTW, i don't know if this is possible, but could you expand the skin to the menu (see below).

P.S. sorry about the crudley edited image below, only got paint here!!

--lee

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2005, 07:30:43 PM »
I'd say the skin is OK just how it is (with the Dedicated stuff)

When you see a statue somewhere, you read the name of the person depicted by it on the pedestal, and find yourself not recognizing the name, you also don't feel offended, do you? ;)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2005, 07:38:41 PM »
Yes, you're completely right Vlk, but just in case... I don't want to be crucified by avast! forum members and accused for not listening avast! users  ;D

So just in case, if you think it would be appropriate, I'll send you latest, last-last-final-totally-last, absolutely FINAL version... whoooooaaa... (taking some breath)  ;D

Here it is how it looks now...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 12:08:16 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2005, 07:40:34 PM »
Well said Sasha

BTW, i don't know if this is possible, but could you expand the skin to the menu (see below).

--lee

Sorry Lee, but I didn't catch that one... can you explain it a little bit closer. I'm not sure I understood you well... and yes, I see the picture, but it doesn't tell me much. I don't know what do you mean by expand the skin to the menu.

Hopismum

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2005, 07:42:27 PM »
I'd say the skin is OK just how it is (with the Dedicated stuff)

When you see a statue somewhere, you read the name of the person depicted by it on the pedestal, and find yourself not recognizing the name, you also don't feel offended, do you? ;)

:) :)     Excellent point   

Hopismum

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2005, 07:43:29 PM »
Well said Sasha

--lee

Sorry Lee, but I didn't catch that one... can you explain it a little bit closer. I'm not sure I understood you well... and yes, I see the picture, but it doesn't tell me much. I don't know what do you mean by expand the skin to the menu.
I think he would like the menu brushed as well   :)