Author Topic: When does license start?  (Read 2977 times)

JerryM

When does license start?
« on: September 07, 2012, 09:30:43 PM »
I bought two copies of Pro 7 from Download Crew. Both are downloads with only the code provided.
I did not consider that the license clock might begin when I purchased them. I am not ready to install Avast Pro yet, and am not sure if I want it on both computers or 2 years for one. Someone said that the clock begins ticking when the code is delivered.

If the clock started when I purchased them is there a way to extend the time so that I get the 1 year on each when I install Pro?

Thanks,
Jerry

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: When does license start?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 10:17:42 PM »
Well when purchased through avast the license starts at the time of purchase.

I have no idea who Download Crew are if they are authorised avast resellers then I would imagine that is correct for them too.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

JerryM

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:40:40 PM »
Thanks, David.
Jerry

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 10:53:39 PM »

It seems to be one of those download sites that offers many different security programs for downloading.
I would guess it is not an authorized Avast reseller but I could be wrong.

http://www.downloadcrew.com/

It's always better to download security software directly from the official product site and not from some random site.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:57:58 PM by CharleyO »

DBone

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 11:28:45 PM »
Many Wilders Forums members use downloadcrew without any issues.

JerryM

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 12:27:46 AM »
When you can get a good deal, and experience by many others, as Wilders, has shown the site to be reliable, I see no reason to use the official site with three times the cost, and if the license begins ticking at purchase you are not better off.

Somebody paid Avast for the license. I have no idea as to the terms, but if the licenses are bogus it would be apparent.

Regards,
Jerry

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 02:08:28 PM »
As far as I can see there's nothing illegitimate about Downloadcrew. It's a venture  of Creativemark run by Chris Wiles who is active on Wilders' forum.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:16:10 PM by Vladimyr »
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25