Author Topic: Which Version for Business  (Read 4902 times)

sniperfodder

Which Version for Business
« on: September 07, 2012, 05:05:20 PM »
I'm working in an office and I have pretty much free license over the PC that I use. I would like to use Avast as my Anti-Virus but I'm unsure which version I need to purchase. Should I purchase a copy of Avast Pro, or Avast Endpoint?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Which Version for Business
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »
I would like to use Avast as my Anti-Virus but I'm unsure which version I need to purchase. Should I purchase a copy of Avast Pro, or Avast Endpoint?

Depends how many machines you're running. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

sniperfodder

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 06:23:02 PM »
I would like to use Avast as my Anti-Virus but I'm unsure which version I need to purchase. Should I purchase a copy of Avast Pro, or Avast Endpoint?

Depends how many machines you're running. ;)

1. Everyone else likes to use Trend. I'd prefer to use avast.

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 11:06:27 PM »

Do you mean then, that you only want to protect one computer; that is, the one computer you use at work and no other computer at work?

sniperfodder

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 01:05:22 AM »

Do you mean then, that you only want to protect one computer; that is, the one computer you use at work and no other computer at work?

Correct. I'm not Representing the company in purchasing AV software. I'm representing my Choice of an AV, that I just happen to use at work. Everyone else can use Trend or w/e else it is they want to use. I just happen to prefer avast. I already have a home license that I use at home and I like the way avast works. And I know I need a license for my PC at work, I just want to know which one I should buy.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 01:35:19 AM »

Correct. I'm not Representing the company in purchasing AV software. I'm representing my Choice of an AV, that I just happen to use at work. Everyone else can use Trend or w/e else it is they want to use. I just happen to prefer avast. I already have a home license that I use at home and I like the way avast works. And I know I need a license for my PC at work, I just want to know which one I should buy.

Check this out. http://www.avast.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download
Read up on Avast product comparison and then 'decide'. ;) :)

sniperfodder

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 01:49:06 AM »

Check this out. http://www.avast.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download
Read up on Avast product comparison and then 'decide'. ;) :)

While that's nice for the comparison, it doesn't say anything about Licensing. I am using the AV in a For Profit Scene so obviously I can't use the Free. The comparison only mentions "For Home" versions of Avast. You can go to the For Business version. I guess my confusion here arises from the fact that I'm purchasing this software myself for A PC that the company owns.

So to re-phrase my question. I'm looking to use Avast on a Business Computer in a Business environment, that I'm purchasing on my own as a separate entity from my business. Should I be using Avast Pro, or Avast EndPoint?

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 02:02:08 AM »
For 1 PC: Use the Pro-Version.

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

sniperfodder

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 02:11:04 AM »
For 1 PC: Use the Pro-Version.

DJBone

Works for me. Thanks very much!

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 10:07:50 AM »
You're welcome!

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)