Author Topic: Wasn't sure where to post this  (Read 1889 times)

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
Wasn't sure where to post this
« on: September 09, 2012, 12:17:31 AM »
I was just reading some posts on the forum and this box popped up...........AvastUIEXE....Application Error...........Red X ............The instruction at 0x773Ae3b..........Referenced Memory 0x7cbd1dc.   The memory could not be read.  Click okay to terminate the program.  Wasn't able to get a screen shot.  What does this mean?  A few seconds later the Avast Update popped up saying it had been updated.

I did click okay to terminate the program but still stayed on the forum.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 12:19:14 AM by -midnight »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Wasn't sure where to post this
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 12:52:26 AM »
I was just reading some posts on the forum and this box popped up...........AvastUIEXE....Application Error...........Red X ............The instruction at 0x773Ae3b..........Referenced Memory 0x7cbd1dc.   The memory could not be read.  Click okay to terminate the program.  Wasn't able to get a screen shot.  What does this mean?  A few seconds later the Avast Update popped up saying it had been updated.

I did click okay to terminate the program but still stayed on the forum.

Hi: I've experienced similar glitches over the years.  :-\
Not sure the cause, but if all seems normal and Avast is running with most recent VPS update then I would say you should be good.
Just, note any abnormalities and provide screenshot and any error messages (if you get any).
All should be good. :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Wasn't sure where to post this
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 01:12:11 AM »
Personally I would just reboot and unless it became a regular occurrence I wouldn't even investigate it.

Memory locations can change, especially if you are short of memory (?) then some memory sectors may have been moved out to the swapfile (pagefile.sys) so it is possible to get these kind of errors.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security