Author Topic: Real time shield not working at startup  (Read 4849 times)

aritopi

Real time shield not working at startup
« on: September 09, 2012, 06:15:54 PM »
Is not the first time that I have this problem. The last time that I restored my computer(1 month ago) I did it because this issue.
When windows is starting, the real time shield is disabled and avast icon shows the issue. Usually after 15/20 seconds the shield turns on automatically but sometimes I had to do it manually.

You know that when windows is starting is a critical moment, so the malware can starts while avast is off. This is too bad, im paranoid, the police want to spy me because I live in a area where security is needed and they want spy me, fuck

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Real time shield not working at startup
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 06:18:56 PM »
This is too bad, im paranoid, the police want to spy me because I live in a area where security is needed and they want spy me, f**k
::)

what antivirus did you have before installing avast?
did you remove it before installing avast?
did you use the vendors removal tool to clear any leftover files that can conflict?
what other security programs are installed?

aritopi

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 06:32:40 PM »
Thank you Pondus, yeah sorry my crazy comment...

When I restore my computer I install avast in a clean windows installation. And I use avast free only.
Im using avast free since years, this problem is not common but as I said is not the first time that I have it.
I must to see what is "vendors removal tool" but I can say that I dont use it.

anyone have this problem?

iroc9555

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 06:49:55 PM »
Try to repair Avast!

With XP

Start > Control panel > Add & Remove programs > select avast! and click " Change/Remove ". Look for " Repair " and click it.

With Vista or win7

Start > Control Panel > Programs & Features > uninstall a program > select avast! and click " Uninstall/Change ". Look for " Repair "

Reboot when finished.

If you feel more confortable in your own language Spanish, you may post here:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=25.0
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:55:41 PM by iroc9555 »

aritopi

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 07:09:52 PM »
I did it, and after 2 startsup seems that is fixed(for the moment). Now avast loads very quick with full shields. I never changed the settings except the animation icon so I never think that this could solve the problem. yeah I ll post in the other forum next time(I hope do not need). Thank you.

iroc9555

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 07:18:41 PM »
I did it, and after 2 startsup seems that is fixed(for the moment). Now avast loads very quick with full shields. I never changed the settings except the animation icon so I never think that this could solve the problem. yeah I ll post in the other forum next time(I hope do not need). Thank you.

De nada.

You also have to see if there is any other security program with behaviour modules that can interfere with Avast! like your firewall.

aritopi

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 07:30:51 PM »
I use avast only, I take care on internet so I dont need more. Just windows firewall/defender is on but I dont think that this useless stuff could interfere. Maybe the issue is a some kind of bug after updates.. mmm not clue