Author Topic: Archives type to be scanned into P2P programs  (Read 4836 times)

Falcon

Archives type to be scanned into P2P programs
« on: January 23, 2005, 01:45:56 AM »
Hi,

I am using the Avast free edition since one hour and I don't know how I can specify what type of archives being scanned in P2P network. In the help file, it is written that we can specify the type of archive (zip, rar,..) but, I didn't found where. I went on the P2P configuration in the resident shield configuration, but I only have the possibility ti choose P2P program to be monitored, but I don't know where to choose archives types.

Could someone please tell me where I can do it.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Iso-G

Re: Archives type to be scanned into P2P programs
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 01:57:41 AM »
Probably ....

EXE;ZIP;MIME;RAR;ARJ;TAR;GZ;CAB;ARC;ACE;ZOO;BZIP2;WinExec;LHARC;CPIO;RPM;7ZIP;CHM;ISO;TNEF

Falcon

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 02:04:44 AM »
Thanks,

But what I wold like to do is to see which type of files are treated and where I can select or deselect different type of file to be scanned.

Thnks a lot

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 02:12:02 AM »
All supported archives are scanned with the P2P provider.
You can exclude things from being scanned in the exclusion list.

Falcon

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 02:16:46 AM »
For me, the exclusion deals only with some part (like folders or drives) for not being scanned, but I don't see how I can exclude a type of file from being scanned.

Iso-G

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 02:25:48 AM »
I guess you can probably select types of archives to scan on the enhanced user interface for the professional edition.

Falcon

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 02:30:54 AM »
So it is imopssible to select type of file for the Free edition ? I hope rar files are also scanned on P2P network, because I have a doubt aout it.

Thanks

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 02:48:13 AM »
For me, the exclusion deals only with some part (like folders or drives) for not being scanned, but I don't see how I can exclude a type of file from being scanned.
Just add the fileextension to the list. eg: *.doc or *.zip

I guess you can probably select types of archives to scan on the enhanced user interface for the professional edition.
No. All archives are scanned. Only way to exclude a certain type is through the exclusion list.

I hope rar files are also scanned on P2P network, because I have a doubt aout it.
They should be scanned if you have the correct P2P plugin enabled.

Iso-G

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 04:26:17 AM »
Eddy,

I've already shown the file types which P2P provider scans in default,

Probably ....

EXE;ZIP;MIME;RAR;ARJ;TAR;GZ;CAB;ARC;ACE;ZOO;BZIP2;WinExec;LHARC;CPIO;RPM;7ZIP;CHM;ISO;TNEF

Thanks

Falcon

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 12:29:10 PM »
i have a friend who use Avast in its office and who tell me that to select archive to be included in the archive scan, he had to go to the enhanced interface, select the property, select advanced and select archives to be scaned when the system perform a scan.
In the free edition, there is not this enhanced interface, so I was affraid it could not be included to scan all archives types in the ordinary scan or on the P2P scan.

Best regards