Author Topic: Exclude accesses by process (ie. backup software)  (Read 1876 times)

SpareSimian

Exclude accesses by process (ie. backup software)
« on: September 12, 2012, 01:22:56 PM »
I have a backup system that scans the whole drive for file changes and uploads those changes to a server, using rsync. Is there some way to configure Avast to ignore all file accesses made by the backup software (in this case, cwRsyncServer's rsyncd.exe)? The files have presumably already been scanned for infection when they were written by other programs, so they don't need to be scanned again. Plus, the backup server can scan them with its own software if it wants, without impacting performance on the client. It sucks to have your machine slow to a crawl because two processes need to scan files. Reducing that to one process would be a big win.

I'm looking at different AV solutions and I've found how to do this for Microsoft Security Essentials, but my friends who share my home LAN use Avast, so I need the equivalent for that. (I'm about to switch my own machine from AVG, which lacks this ability, and I'd install Avast instead of MSE if it can do this.)

http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-7/set-microsoft-security-essentials-to-exclude-a-process/

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Exclude accesses by process (ie. backup software)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 01:54:04 PM »
Sorry, there is no such option in avast!.