Author Topic: Windows 8 Protection From Avast?  (Read 3472 times)

bikemanAMD

Windows 8 Protection From Avast?
« on: September 12, 2012, 08:24:27 PM »
Hi All

Curious if Avast will offer more protection in Windows 8 than, built in Windows Defener/Security Essentials that is coming with Windows 8, I plan on upgrading to Windows 8 soon as it's released in October on the 26th, as long as i get the email right then for $14.99 upgrade price from Microsoft.   So starting to backup files, and plan ahead on what i need to have ready to install and such.

Thank you all in advance

Nesivos

Re: Windows 8 Protection From Avast?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 08:33:13 PM »
Here is my experience with that.

I was running W8-RP which comes with the WD anti-malware program. (I switched back to W7-SP1 about a month ago to prepare for W8-RTM)  I switched back to avast!AIS while still running W8-RP and found that when using Firefox, I can't speak to how it would be with Chrome or IE, that W8-RP with avast! AIS 7 rendered; i..e loaded web pages a lot faster than when using WD.

I had been using WD with W8 since W8-DP was released.  After I switched back to avast! AIS I did a Full System Scan and the scan did not find any malware.   I used avast! AIS 7 with W8-RP for at least several months.  I ran a bunch of 3rd party on demand virus scans during that period and they did not find any Malware.

Others experience may vary from mine.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:40:53 PM by Nesivos »

bikemanAMD

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 08:45:26 PM »
Thank you for replying, do appreciate it--Thinking will stick with Avast then it looks like for protection, I do use Internet Explorer Exclusively, don't have Firefox or Chrome installed, so i'll probably just have to see how well it does with Internet Explorer once i'm Running Windows 8 in the future

Nesivos

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 09:30:46 PM »
You are welcome :)