Author Topic: Avast 7 and Exchange 2010  (Read 5753 times)

Trooper

Avast 7 and Exchange 2010
« on: September 12, 2012, 09:38:30 PM »
Hello,

I am setting up a new Exchange Server and I was wondering if someone could assist me (or point me in the right direction) on how to setup the exclusions needed for MS Exchange 2010 with the Avast Email Server Security software.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
Re: Avast 7 and Exchange 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 09:52:17 AM »
What type of exclusions you are interested in?

Trooper

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 04:13:33 PM »
Whatever is the standard for MS Exchange 2010.  Which seems to be based upon this Technet article.  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332342.aspx

Was curious if there was a walk though or whatever so I don't have to go looking through each setting in Avast to configure as per the article.  Are you familiar with this new version for Exchange?

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 06:30:26 PM »
Whatever is the standard for MS Exchange 2010.  Which seems to be based upon this Technet article.  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332342.aspx

Was curious if there was a walk though or whatever so I don't have to go looking through each setting in Avast to configure as per the article.  Are you familiar with this new version for Exchange?
The avast! Email Server Security product does not have file-system protection.
It's just a plugin for Exchange, in other words:  you don't have to worry about these exclusions in the Technet article.

Trooper

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 09:32:32 PM »
That is great. So no exclusions to set since it just check messages?  So in other words, the file system of the Exchange server does not need protection?  Sorry I am used to the old version of Avast with Exchange 2003 and on that server/version, there was an option to at least have the standard shield.

So I take it then that that is why there is no option for the new version of Avast for Email Security to install the Standard Shield?

ssaunders

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 02:39:16 AM »
If I look at the shields on exchange 2010 that are running there is definately a file system shield that is running.  So I am taking a punt that the exclusions may relate to this shield.