Author Topic: have financial virus, boot scan won't complete  (Read 1703 times)

tickledpink

have financial virus, boot scan won't complete
« on: September 14, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »
Yesterday I downloaded a windows 7 update, restarted my computer and then began noticing the virus. I don't know much about this sort of thing but I am guessing the virus activated upon restart, because everything was fine until I restarted.

I attempted to log-in to my bank account and got a pop up window asking for my DL#, SSN, DOB, CC# with CVC and PIN. I knew this was fishy so I called my bank and they told me it's a type of virus on my computer and they changed my username and passwords for me. I also cannot log-in to my gmail, anytime I go to gmail IE shuts down, restarts, shuts down and then says there is a problem with the webpage. I don't have issues with other webpages.

I ran a full system scan using avast (free edition, latest version) and it came up with nothing, said it was clean. So I did a boot time scan and it found about 5 or 6 threats in my Java folders. I deleted them. Problem is, the boot scan won't complete. It stops around 50% when it's scaning a windows folder. I don't know the exact folder because it doesn't display the full name. I get the following error message (it only flashes on the screen for a split second) "A new guard page for the stack cannot be created"

After this windows starts up as normal. I've tried running in safe mode and running rkill and then scanning with Avast and also Malwarebytes, and no progress. Rkill says that there were no issues found and nothing was there to stop. Obviously the virus is still there, I am still having the same issues. Advice? My husband just wants to re-image my computer, but I don't want to deal with re-installing all my programs and transferring my data if I don't have to.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:37:37 PM by tickledpink »

Jtaylor83

Re: have financial virus, boot scan won't complete
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 04:42:36 PM »
Please attach OTL, Extras, ADWCleaner, MBAM, Farbar, and aswMBR logs.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:44:43 PM by Jtaylor83 »