Author Topic: Avast sandbox now blocking Chrome  (Read 5338 times)

ybbon66

Avast sandbox now blocking Chrome
« on: April 08, 2012, 02:20:59 PM »
Hi,

I have Chrome 18.0.1025.151 m and Avast Internet Security v 7.0.1426 and last update was today to the definitions (8th April).

I noticed this yesterday evening, Chrome is giving an "oh snap" error on everything it does - I can't change it's preferences or even view them, any pages or any help. I know it worked Friday as I was doing something then.

If I take it out of sandbox it is OK. Firefox has no problem. I use Opera but that isn't sandboxed. Chrome has always been sandboxed so either it has changed or Avast has changed very recently to cause this.

I don't have updates automatically installed for windows. Using Win 7 Professional 64-bit.

Is there any way I can check the sandbox or avast logs to see what if anything it has started blocking?

Thanks,

ybbon66

Re: Avast sandbox now blocking Chrome
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 12:19:08 PM »
Ping, any idea anyone?

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 03:33:57 PM »
I'm using avast free here and windows 7 and chrome 18 and don't have that problem. It could be that the sandbox of chrome is conflicting with the sandbox in avast. I suggest you try to open chrome outside avast sandbox and see if it can help solve your problem.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

ybbon66

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 10:10:51 PM »
Thanks, but I'd already said that:

"If I take it out of sandbox it is OK."

What I am really bothered about is that I did not knowingly change anything between it working last Friday (6th April) and not working on Saturday night when I next checked anything with Chrome, all I had done is used a few programs (mail and opera I suspect).

Offline Cast

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 12:20:20 AM »
Did you try clearing the files saved inside the avast! sandbox(though the gui of avast, not deleting folders)
I had similiar problem to this where google worked fine unsandboxed but didnt work at all as the sandboxed version was outdated.

ybbon66

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 12:57:30 PM »
hmm, thanks just tried this and still no joy. Will work outside of the sandbox not in it.

I deleted all files in the sandbox. I'll try removing chrome and adding it again and see if that helps. It's not a major issue as I usually use Opera and I can use FF too.

ceburaska

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 03:22:45 PM »
hi. I am running chrome 21 and avast sandbox is still blocking it. what to do? I tried to put chrome in exceptions, but it still didn't work.