Author Topic: How to disable Avast notification  (Read 4046 times)

flowzen

How to disable Avast notification
« on: September 15, 2012, 01:25:56 PM »
Hello everyone,

I keep receiving the following message :

Avast has detected a secure connection from your mail program to the SMTP server.
This type of connection cannot be checked for viruses. Please Disable SSL/TSL in your mail client so that the mail scanner can scan your mail. The mail scanner will provide the SSL/TSL security itself.

However, i trust that application. So i want to disable that Avast notification message, but how ?  :-\

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: How to disable Avast notification
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 01:45:18 PM »
SSL/TLS is a secure connnection.....so no AV can scan it...if they did it would not be secure  ;)

so two ways here, if you dont wan avast to scan your incoming mail, you can disable the pop up and forget about it.
your mail provider may already scan the mail at the mail server. like Hotmail / Gmail / Yahoo mail and many others do
see bottom of screenshot #32 here     http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Avast-Home-Edition-Screenshot-6474.html

if you want avast to scan your mail, you must sett it up correct...
meaning disable SSL/TLS in your mail client and let avast do the SSL/TLS connection
https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=842
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 01:54:52 PM by Pondus »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How to disable Avast notification
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 01:53:12 PM »
This is just saying that this email account isn't able to be scanned because it is encrypted, using SMTP SSL port - Disabling the notice won't get it scanned.

But if you wish to do it, in the avastUI, Real-Time Shields, Mail Shield, Expert Settings, SSL Accounts and uncheck the Automatically detect and warn about unprotected SSL connections.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security