Author Topic: why does Avast disobey me? I said Turn off Behavior Shield PERMANENTLY  (Read 3051 times)

tr888

Even though I have disabled Behavior Shield and Web Shield permanently (because I am trying to troubleshoot something in Windows) THESE SHIELDS COME BACK ON OF THEIR OWN VOLITION!

WTF?

I have never ever, not once,  had an antivirus program that did not suck in some major way.  NOD, McAfee, Norton, Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG, and now Avast joins the list.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 04:55:36 AM by tr888 »

Aventador

Re: why does Avast disobey me? I said Turn off Behavior Shield PERMANENTLY
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 04:58:36 AM »
Even though I have disabled Behavior Shield and Web Shield permanently (because I am trying to troubleshoot something in Windows) THESE SHIELDS COME BACK ON OF THEIR OWN VOLITION!

WTF?

I have never ever, not once,  had an antivirus program that did not suck in some major way.  NOD, McAfee, Norton, Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG, and now Avast joins the list.

With a list such as yours maybe using no antivirus is better for you. You seem to be disappointed in everything so maybe just do without one. What problem are you trying to diagnosis? You could also uinstall Avast and only select what you want to install. Just do a custom install or else modify your current install. Its that easy. No reason to swear either.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:02:38 AM by Aventador »

AdrianH

Re: why does Avast disobey me? I said Turn off Behavior Shield PERMANENTLY
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 09:01:44 AM »

WTF?

I have no problem with shields obeying instructions.  To get help you need to detail your OS and PC specs and any othe rsecurity software you run.

You could try turning off the avast self defense mode while you run your tests, you could also set the Behaviour shield to "Ask" which would show you any application that is being stopped.