Author Topic: update problem in version 7 free  (Read 7240 times)

T_L_O_T_D

update problem in version 7 free
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:37:50 PM »
hi
i recently downloaded avast 7 from website and it's my first time that i use this program. problem is when i try to update it i got a message which can't connect to server  and it can't download servers.def.vpx. i used diffrenet ways. uninstall and reinstall. use proxy. use direct connection. put permission in firewall. nothing happened :|. what should i do!? any idea?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: update problem in version 7 free
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 01:39:51 PM »
what other security programs do you have installed?
what antivirus did you use before installing avast?
have you uninstalled it ?

T_L_O_T_D

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 01:52:21 PM »
yes . i had nod 32 anti virus. i had uninstalled it before installing avast. and my firewall is windows firewall.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 02:19:51 PM »
run NOD32 removal tool and reboot ...nr #24      http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/

did that change anything ?

T_L_O_T_D

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 03:58:38 PM »
no nothing changed. i don't get it why avast update should conflict with other AV which previously uninstalled from system? 

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 04:09:30 PM »
no nothing changed. i don't get it why avast update should conflict with other AV which previously uninstalled from system?
it sometimes happen if the other AV had a firewall .....

but what update do you have ?

Offline =SKY=

• Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 07:40:35 PM »
run NOD32 removal tool and reboot ...nr #24      http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/

did that change anything ?

Perhaps the removal tool works better in safe mode (similar to avast! removal tool). Just an idea. Could this be, Pondus? :-\
Win11 Home [x64] 23H2 @ Windows Defender | FF ESR |
My oldest darling: W2k Pro SP4 & UR1 @ avast! Free Antivirus 8.0.1497 | Palemoon & K-Meleon [BOTH MODIFIED for W2k] |

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 08:14:06 PM »
Perhaps the removal tool works better in safe mode (similar to avast! removal tool). Just an idea. Could this be, Pondus?
click the info link in front of the tool link ....... i cant see any info saying it should be run in  safe mode, ...... on avast website it does

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 08:31:16 PM »

Perhaps the removal tool works better in safe mode (similar to avast! removal tool).
Not neccessary to run the NOD tool in safe mode SKY, well the info states just to run it with no mention of safe mode.

T_L_O_T_D it might help to reset your windows firewall to default to start with and also set avast back to default ( settings/troubleshooting ), also check device manager-click on view and show hidden devices to see if there maybe some NOD32 drivers still installed.
 "Note" that it should not be neccessary to add exclusions for avast to the windows firewall unless you have activated the outbound protection.

Unless your system is actually connecting through a proxy then changing it so will do nothing, stick to the auto detect ( default ) and if there are then issues try direct connection.

If none of this has still helped then i'd suggest a clean install as remnants of NOD could have corrupted avast.

Offline =SKY=

• Super Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 11:00:37 PM »
click the info link in front of the tool link ....... i cant see any info saying it should be run in  safe mode, ...... on avast website it does

Not neccessary to run the NOD tool in safe mode SKY, well the info states just to run it with no mention of safe mode.

OK guys, I understand! ;)
It was just an idea, but I didn't look at the info link in front of the tool link... :-X
Win11 Home [x64] 23H2 @ Windows Defender | FF ESR |
My oldest darling: W2k Pro SP4 & UR1 @ avast! Free Antivirus 8.0.1497 | Palemoon & K-Meleon [BOTH MODIFIED for W2k] |

T_L_O_T_D

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 06:07:48 PM »
well guys. i finally find out why :| avast banned some countries. i live in Iran and they banned iranian users :|! what a shame! we can't update with Iran IP. and the only way for update is using proxifier program and in program should go to profile>advanced>services and other users and check 2 option available in this program ( windows services and application run by other users ). then you can update avast easily. :|

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 06:12:33 PM »
ahaa.... why did you not tell us at once   ;)

see reply #39       http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=98853.0

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 06:15:08 PM »
Thanks for the update T_L_O_T_D it never occured that you maybe in one of the restricted countries.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 06:15:39 PM »
No avast didn't ban the countries, that is part of an embargo that avast has to comply with.

- Banned Countries:
 It seems to be correct, Iran is on the list of countries where this sanction is applied, see this post in particular http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=98853.msg789135#msg789135.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 06:16:26 PM »
Been following this thread. Iran, never thought of looking at profile. ::)