Author Topic: Sandbox Removes Firefox Addons  (Read 2286 times)

TheAverageGenius

Sandbox Removes Firefox Addons
« on: September 12, 2012, 10:33:38 PM »
I'm new to Avast, just cleared up a bad MBR rootkit on the techspot forum, and the tech recommended Avast - so I'm in the 30 day trial and so far love it. But there is an annoying problem:

I have about 6 work-related Addons and Extensions for Firefox, and periodically when I open Firefox (my default browser) using the Avast sandbox, I notice every addon/extension BUT the Avast addon is deleted.

This is not handy to say the least, especially since I can use another tool (Sandboxie) without problems. I was hoping Avast could help fix the issue since I don't want more programs than I need on my PC. If Avast can do the sandboxed browser without this problem, I'm sold - if not, I'll be looking for another solution.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Sandbox Removes Firefox Addons
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:47:28 PM »
Are the ad-ons deleted or just disabled?
Since the sandbox is supposed to be a secure environment, it is logical that ad-ons not run by default.
After loading Firefox in the sandbox check if the ad-ons are there.
If not load them and see if they work.

TheAverageGenius

Re: Sandbox Removes Firefox Addons
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 09:30:50 PM »
The add-ons were totally missing as if they weren't installed. If I run the browser in Sanboxie, they're all in place. I disabled "always run in sandbox" and it seems to be better. I think I was running "always run in sandbox" and running the browser via Sandboxie, because I can't re-create the problem! Consider it closed, I think I was double-sanboxing my internet.