Author Topic: Select Scan Area  (Read 4122 times)

Barr_y

Select Scan Area
« on: January 25, 2005, 05:44:37 PM »
Since the latest update I am unable to select the drives or folders I want to scan. I select Menu scroll accross to select and it just vanishes. Also I have something I can't read Avast is unable to scan, the first item on the list. Is there a reason for this happening please?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Select Scan Area
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 08:19:09 PM »
Did you tweak the Windows Menu speed? Did you use any tweaker?
If you change the avast! skin, will it help?
What happens with the skinless appearance?
The best things in life are free.

Barr_y

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 08:26:26 PM »
Hi Technical no I haven't tweaked anything and have never had this problem before. I have tried changing skins without any difference. I have just been showing my wife what happens, and after about 10 attempts managed to catch hold of it and select what I wanted, but only if I do it really fast, but that doesn't always work. I have also tried the uninstall repair but got the thumbs up.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 08:41:05 PM »
Hi Technical no I haven't tweaked anything and have never had this problem before. I have tried changing skins without any difference. I have just been showing my wife what happens, and after about 10 attempts managed to catch hold of it and select what I wanted, but only if I do it really fast, but that doesn't always work. I have also tried the uninstall repair but got the thumbs up.

This happened before and the users found a solution...
I tried to search the forum but still did not found the thread...
If you left click the menu, the other will appear or not?
Does this occur with any other application or just avast?
The best things in life are free.

Barr_y

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 09:20:43 PM »
 Only Avast this happens. If I right click it appears as above but to try and select it is almost impossible unless I get very close and zip it across very quickly, otherwise it will just disappear, if I do this in AdAware the left click will keep it there for me same as all the others.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 10:25:20 PM »
Is there a specific reason for using the context menu to select the areas instead of using the icons in the skin? Also, isn't the problem caused by the fact that the skin is moved on the edge of the screen? I mean, wouldn't it help if you moved the avast window (the skin) to the left?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Barr_y

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 03:29:02 PM »
Hi Vjk I don't know how it got to the right on the edge in the first place, as it has always been where it is now, as per the pictures. You can see what happens if I try to select the drives or folders,  the pane on the right disappears, unless I do it very fast. That isn't how it used to be. No reason for selecting, this way, I just do.