Author Topic: FREE REG CLEANERS!  (Read 18920 times)

SCORPIONINBLUE

FREE REG CLEANERS!
« on: January 26, 2005, 07:31:07 PM »
I've heard that there were a couple of really good FREE registry cleaners available, does anyone have any experience using any of them, and if so what are the names and sites I might find them at?  Another thing is when software comes in a zipfile form and you don't have a program designed for opening them (like WinZip) how do you "unzip" them?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: FREE REG CLEANERS!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 07:39:03 PM »
I've heard that there were a couple of really good FREE registry cleaners available, does anyone have any experience using any of them, and if so what are the names and sites I might find them at?  Another thing is when software comes in a zipfile form and you don't have a program designed for opening them (like WinZip) how do you "unzip" them?

RegCleaner 4.3.0.780
BeClean 1.4

Unzip?
Use 7-Zip 4.15 beta. Besides it's a beta, it's very stable, save and powerful  ;)
The best things in life are free.

SCORPIONINBLUE

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 08:11:59 PM »
Firist of all thanks for getting back to me so soon!!  You guys are amazing!!  I'm going to look for both of those programs, now as I said I don't have a unzip program the reason being that my pc is only a Pentium 2  (128 mb) and I'm using 96% of that available memory so I really can't download anything that would require a lot to run.  I hope these programs are in a regular downloadable form or I may be out of luck!  I'll check them out though.  Isn't there a way to open zipfiles in Explorer, Notepad etc?

Offline rdsu

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 08:59:17 PM »
Avast Free Antivirus: Web Shield & Home Network Security.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »
http://members.home.nl/edeijl/index1.htm
Download section and than the registry cleaner.
It is small, fast, easy to use.

Although not supported officially by Microsoft, it is created by their programmers !
And they are the ones who should know 'everything' about the registry.

If you visit my website, I suggest also to get the 'Windows registry manual/tutorial'.
Very interesting and most (all?) people can learn from it when it comes to the registry.

Fast

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 01:08:37 PM »
Hello Scorpioninblue.
The regcleaner, you allready have.
As for the unzip-program: this one uses NO memory nonwhatsoever, is free and works perfect !
Downloadsize is 253kb and I use it for about 3 years without any troubles.
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nulifetv/freezip/
Bye,   Fast  :)

SCORPIONINBLUE

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 02:46:22 PM »
Eddy,

Just checking with you about that registry cleaner, first of all couldn't open up the zipfile, so I went to www.download.com and found it but I have a question will it work on Windows 2000 Professional NT?   Some of the users said it wasn' designed for anything past Windows 98, and they also said you could trash you're registry by using it on more recent programs.  Naturally I trust your opinion or that of any others wizards there.  Thanks!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 03:12:59 PM »
couldn't open up the zipfile
Looks like a corrupted download. I just checked and the .exe is extracting the files without a problem here.

It works on Windows 95/98/NT/2000. With NT you need to have SP5 installed though.

SCORPIONINBLUE

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 03:27:12 PM »
Sorry about my lack of expertise, but what is an Sp5?  Where would I get it?  How would I know if my program has it, this p.c. was a hand me down from my brother, I  have no disk.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 03:30:29 PM »
Sorry about my lack of expertise, but what is an Sp5?  Where would I get it?  How would I know if my program has it, this p.c. was a hand me down from my brother, I  have no disk.

Windows NT SP5 = Service Pack 5 installed, I suppose.
It's not a program but a service pack for update your operational system (if you have NT).
The best things in life are free.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 03:31:03 PM »
Yup, that is correct.

SCORPIONINBLUE

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 03:50:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure I'm up to date with that, but will go to Microsoft now and check things out.  Thanks!

Octávio Brazilian

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 04:29:48 PM »
MV REG CLEAN

Soft and good
Its a Brazilian Software!!  ;D

http://superdownloads.ubbi.com.br/download/i17746.html

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 06:24:01 PM »
I have been using the freeware registry cleaner RegSeeker - Version 1,35, not the best user interface and documentated help is not good, but I have got used to it and like it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Lazaro

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2005, 01:28:17 PM »
RegCleaner 4.3.0.780 said by Technical is considered one of the bests. But the author of the program upgraded it to jv16 Power Tools. This programa now is a pay one, but in it´s first times was free. I keep a copy of that free version in www.fistro.com/lazaro

It´s in many language, of course in english and spanish ^_^U