Author Topic: Resolved: Can I update the defs for avast free with out an internet connection  (Read 3027 times)

Diddy

HI I was wondering if someone could tell me I have a friend with a computer and she cannot get online right now for some reason.  I am not sure if it is a virus yet though.  So I was wondering if she has no internet connection and a possible virus can I update avast antivirus free manually some how to get avast free up to date until I get an internet connection and to check for a possible virus on the computer.  This is not the computer listed in my details this is a different computer I have not found out the os yet.

I just want to now this stuff first

Thanks very much
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:24:52 AM by Diddy »

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Diddy

Re: Can I update the defs for avast free with out an internet connection
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 08:32:11 AM »
HI I forgot to ask a very important questions.  When I put avast on the desktop of the computer and it install it and then put the updated def file on to the computer desktop do I just click on the def update file and it does the rest I have never had to do this before ever so I want to make sure that I make no mistakes because this is not my computer that I will be installing avast on to run a scan for a virus. 

I was also wondering will avast free install on a computer that may have a virus on it?

Thanks have a good day

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 08:37:14 AM »
1. When I put avast on the desktop of the computer and it install it and then put the updated def file on to the computer desktop do I just click on the def update file and it does the rest...

2. I was also wondering will avast free install on a computer that may have a virus on it?

1. Yes.
2. It depends, you've to try it. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Diddy

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 07:24:10 AM »
HI everyone Thanks very much for answering on my questions in this thread I appreciate the answers and help as always.

Thanks again

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0