Author Topic: lastest avast plugin for firefox blocks your facebook flash games :(  (Read 4166 times)

dagrogster

I've been playing zynga farmville 2 for a while now never had any issues, that is until the other week when the new avast 2014 fire-fox web security plug-in got installed. It blocked all my gift requests from other face book users, also some graphics, it also disabled me from posting any of my requests in the game, I thought it was a browser issue and for the last week i have been scratching my head and puzzled as to why it was happening thinking it was either zynga or the latest Mozilla update. Finally I read in a help forum that disabling the avast web plug-in would solve the issue and it did. Facebook games are not viruses, nor I am impressed that your plug-in blocked so much facebook content. Its one thing to protect against viruses and spam, its another to mess up functionality in harmless face book flash games, your meant to be number one anti virus program, I didn't expect this. Just thought I would make other users aware of this serious issue and avast programmers please sort asap. Thanks.

belmartian

Re: lastest avast plugin for firefox blocks your facebook flash games :(
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 12:10:28 AM »
I have this same problem and put in a support ticket last week.  Avast and Firefox don't seem to play well with Facebook games.  They work in Chrome and IE, but my preference is using Firefox.  I hope this is being monitored by the developers and they are able to fix this problem.

Offline beegolden

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 11:21:16 AM »
I have the same problem, basically. I don't play games, but use Smart911 which FB puts under the games tab. Sure hope that this is resolved soon!
Win 7 SP1 64-bit; Avast, Free

belmartian

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:47:48 AM »
Avast support got back to me with the fix that can be found in the settings tab.  Here is their reply:

Please click on the green "a" in the upper right corner of your web browser window.
That will show the avast! Online Security panel. Please click on "Settings" in the lower left corner of the panel.
In avast! Online Security Settings, please uncheck the option "Block social networks by default" or the whole "Do not track" option

I unchecked "Block social networks by default" and Facebook games now work when using Firefox.  I thought this was worthwhile sharing.