Author Topic: avast! Rescue Disc - Bundle?  (Read 11361 times)

Offline amarand

avast! Rescue Disc - Bundle?
« on: September 28, 2012, 12:41:16 PM »
A few questions

1) How similar is the Avast! Rescue Disc to the original Avast 4 BART CD?  I've used it at previous jobs and like the safety of being able to update on a safe computer, burn a CD/DVD/USB read-only, and boot a questionable computer in the house to scan.

2) What do you get for the $9.99?

3) If I don't need physical media (I'm assuming it's something you mail?), is there a way to simply download the utility and/or ISO?

4) How long do you get program and anti-virus updates for?

5) I'm currently a subscriber to Avast Pro, and will be renewing my subscription for the multi-PC product.  Is the Rescue Disc included?  If not, is there a bundle price?

Thanks!

Offline koman90

Re: avast! Rescue Disc - Bundle?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 06:05:05 AM »
The avast rescue disk is presented as an optional purchase when you by antivirus pro or higher.

it cots about $10 USD

Offline Iv Bosh

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 08:10:59 PM »
Hello there,
I've bought recently online 8th version of  Avast Internet Security.
How can I buy avast Rescue Disk. Is it possible to download it or should I receive a CD?
Iv Bosh

Offline al2

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 11:48:53 PM »
Its part/an option. of Avast 2013 software. I guess depending the size it includes or downloads the .iso file
The greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing...To place your ideas+dreams,before the crowd.Is to risk their loss.To love is to risk it not being returned.To live is to risk dying.To hope is to risk despair.To try is to risk failure.Someone who risks+does nothing.Has  and is nothing.They may avoid suffering and sorrow But. Risks must be taken as The greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.Only a person who risks is free" - Leo Buscalia

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 07:22:47 AM »
Wrong, it is free.

avast 2014 will let you create a bootable rescue disk/usb.