Author Topic: Lag after update to pro  (Read 2031 times)

baktun20

Lag after update to pro
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:56:20 PM »
After I upgraded to pro (Internet Security 7) I started experiencing severe lag. My OS is Windows 7 64bit. I submitted a support ticket but it is being ignored. Here is an excerpt from said ticket with a reply to being asked to disable different shields to try and narrow the cause of the lag.

"as far as disabling the shields one at a time in an effort to find out which one is causing the lag. That is mainly what I have been doing since I received your response and I had been getting absolutely nowhere until today. No matter what shields I disabled or what combination there was not much effect unless I right clicked the taskbar icon and disabled all shields for either 10 minutes, 1 hour or until computer is restarted after which the lag disappeared immediately. What I found out today and found odd is that if I disable ALL the shields, one at a time, my computer still lagged even though all of the shields were disabled. While all the shields were disabled I right clicked on the avast icon on the taskbar, clicked disable for 10 minutes (even though all shields were already disabled by running avast and using the interface) and again the lag disappeared."

One other thing that I have found out since this reply to the ticket is that the longer I am on the internet the worse the lag gets until I am basically forced to reboot my computer and start the cycle all over again.

Any help would be appreciated. Off to reboot now, *sigh.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Lag after update to pro
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 04:03:06 PM »
I would try a clean install.....remove avast with the uninstall tool reboot install again and reboot

baktun20

Re: Lag after update to pro
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 11:53:35 PM »
Downloaded avast pro, saved file did not run. Disconnected internet  connection. Uninstalled avast. Ran Ccleaner. Reinstalled avast pro. Reconnected internet connection. Imported license and updated avast. Or an order pretty close to that. I did this last night but did not test it. Today the issue returned. i checked my ticket and still no response there either.  Any idea what is causing this to happen? What to do next? Or how to get a response to my ticket?