Author Topic: ...Message body was removed... ...nothing? left? anywhere?  (Read 2121 times)

RpD

...Message body was removed... ...nothing? left? anywhere?
« on: December 05, 2012, 12:49:15 AM »
So, Avast! thinks an email body had a virus in it... all I get is one sentence telling me that the message body has been removed.

So there's nothing left anywhere for me to recover?  Nothing? No dumb text to look at?

Why can't Avast clean/quarantine? If I'd been given notice, if it had simply been refused/left on server, I could have looked at it on my ISP's webmail.  How about "in a sandbox"??
   I was expecting a service manual for a natural gas furnace... which I really need, like now, to deal with a furnace problem.  And the provider is probably on the other side of the country, closed for the day... now.
  I actually suspect it's false positive.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: ...Message body was removed... ...nothing? left? anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 01:01:37 AM »
I could have looked at it on my ISP's webmail. 
most mail clients have a  "leave copy on server" setting...
on some you can also sett how many days the copy should stay there...

some places...like Gmail you also have that setting in the webmail
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:08:11 AM by Pondus »

RpD

Re: ...Message body was removed... ...nothing? left? anywhere?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 12:47:37 AM »
Thanks for the workaround suggestion... I never had a use for that setting before.  Too bad we -need- such a workaround (for all our account definitions) from our email provider, instead of the AV making recovery provision for their 'absolute' action.  Guess I can file another ticket suggesting that... some recovery method, like.... quarantine.

It -was- a false positive.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:17:04 AM by RpD »