Author Topic: Experiencing system crashes with AIS 7.0.1466 (minidumps uploaded)  (Read 2854 times)

gisot

Experiencing system crashes with AIS 7.0.1466 (minidumps uploaded)
« on: September 29, 2012, 10:13:18 PM »
 Can someone from Avast please help me with analyzing minidump files (uploaded gisot_minidump.7s to avast ftp site). I'm experiencing frequent system crashes with my AIS 7.0.1466. Whenever I browse the internet, after some time my wireless adapter gets disabled and it can't detect any wireless network connections. When I try to repair the wireless network connection, my system crashes. I'm pretty much certain that this issue is connected to Avast somehow, because it never happened when I use Comodo IS. Thanks
XP Home SP3, Avast Internet Security 7.0.1466

Uploaded two more files (gisot_minidump2.7s and gisot_minidump3.7s) from the last 3 system crashes (minidumps with kernel memory dumps)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:32:52 PM by gisot »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Experiencing system crashes with AIS 7.0.1466 (minidumps uploaded)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 10:37:29 PM »
Can someone from Avast please help me with analyzing minidump files (uploaded gisot_minidump.7s to avast ftp site). I'm experiencing frequent system crashes with my AIS 7.0.1466. Whenever I browse the internet, after some time my wireless adapter gets disabled and it can't detect any wireless network connections. When I try to repair the wireless network connection, my system crashes. I'm pretty much certain that this issue is connected to Avast somehow, because it never happened when I use Comodo IS. Thanks
XP Home SP3, Avast Internet Security 7.0.1466

Uploaded two more files (gisot_minidump2.7s and gisot_minidump3.7s) from the last 3 system crashes (minidumps with kernel memory dumps)

Do you have 2 Security programs installed on your system, AIS and CIS?? ???

gisot

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 10:51:45 PM »
No! Ever since I started experiencing system crashes with AIS .. I used avast uninstall utility to remove avast and then install CIS. And whenever there is a new version I do the same procedure with CIS (use CIS removal tool) and reinstall Avast IS. There has to be a conflict between avast and my hardware configuration somehow.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 11:17:55 PM »
I'm not sure what your problem might be, but it has been my experience that jumping back and forth from one Security suite to another etc. while even using the "clean-up tolls" can leave remnants (which can cause OS crashes)
I have done searches after using ' Venders Clean-up tools' and have found entries. :-\
I'm just saying. ;) :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:39:48 PM by schmidthouse »

gisot

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 11:36:54 PM »
That could be the case too. But still, whenever I use CIS I never encounter that issue, so that's why I'm pretty much sure that Avast is the cause of the problem in this case. Analyzing those minidump files could be the answer as what is crashing my system when AIS is installed. Thanks for your input schmidthouse.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 11:41:08 PM »
No worries, My pleasure.
Good luck.  ;)