Author Topic: Virus update blue popup  (Read 3276 times)

AndyP

Virus update blue popup
« on: January 26, 2005, 03:11:23 AM »
I read in another thread that the blue popup advising there's a virus update available should remain on the screen for 15 seconds.   On my XP system running AVAST HE 4.5 the popup remains on the screen for only about 5-7 seconds.   I checked with a friend who is also experiencing the same problem with the quick popup.   Should the duration of the popup be 15 seconds?

Anyone else experiencing this problem?  Is there a way to make the popup last 15 seconds?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Virus update blue popup
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 03:22:37 AM »
I'll be glad to know as it will another tweak for avast4.ini file...
I did not found on 'Settings' in my signature... You can search there and you'll see only that you can show/suppress the info panel but not control the time it's displayed  :-\ :'(
The best things in life are free.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: Virus update blue popup
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 10:37:43 AM »
This morning fairly soon after starting my system (XP Pro SP2) I got a popup saying that a virus update was available.  The popup remained for about 10 seconds.  So ... surprise ... I downloaded the update.

A few minutes ago I restarted my system.  Folllowing the restart I was running a "chkdsk" in a DOS window (I know we are not supposed to call it a DOS window anymore - sue me) when a I saw the fleeting glimpse of a blue Avast! popup.  If it lasted 1 second I would be surprised.  I checked the update option from Avast in the systray and there was indeed another virus update that was downloaded. 

So ... AndyP ... seems that whoever told you it lasts 15 seconds was guilty  of a terminalogical inexactitude ... or as some say .... just a plain liar!!