Author Topic: Receiving change of sim card messages every time phone is re-set  (Read 13702 times)

reinhardholzner

Re: Receiving change of sim card messages every time phone is re-set
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 12:22:31 PM »
in this case you'll have to install avast! Mobile Security from Google Play Store and use Password Recovery (if you have defined it in Anti-Theft before). If not, you'll have to uninstall Anti-Theft and Mobile Security and start over.

dekoen

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 04:12:29 PM »
I'm not receiving a message but every time my phone reboots or is restarted avast says my phone is lost or stolen and then even after entering the pin correctly kicks me out of my phone settings. I verified this by disabling anti-theft and entering settings and it worked fine. Then upon re-enabling anti-theft it rebooted my phone and said it was lost again. I've looked for the option I've read a lot of people talk about where you can set a sim as default or whatever but the only thing remotely close I've found is where it tells me my imeid number. I've noticed my 3g doesn't come on for a few minutes after my phone starts which I think means my sim card doesn't load immediately thereby making anti-theft think its been removed when in fact it just hasn't loaded yet. Is there any way to fix this yet?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 07:36:30 PM »
If you start avast!, go to Anti-Theft tab, and then click in the upper side settings button you can "clear your SIM list" and set the actual one as the only one whitelisted (approved).
Will it work?
The best things in life are free.

dekoen

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 11:37:22 PM »
Maybe it's where it's a different phone or something but there is no button on the side near the top (upper side correct?). I hit the options touch button on my phone though and there it was. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 12:08:33 PM »
you are welcome! :-)

ladymichin

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »
If you start avast!, go to Anti-Theft tab, and then click in the upper side settings button you can "clear your SIM list" and set the actual one as the only one whitelisted (approved).
Will it work?

hi im new in android and avast., my mobile is galaxy s3., i install this app for my phone's safety., but i have a problem., i search this option "clear your sim list" but i can't find it., can anyone help me., cause someone borrowed my phone and i want to delete his sim on my list., but i can't find this option., im so pissed off., and one more thing., can i remove that "change sim lock" thing so when i change my sim it would not lock again., thanks in advance., i appreciate it if you helped me.,

UPDATED: ohh i found it!!!! i found the clear your sim list thing., but still i can't  find the option for not locking my phone when i change my sim :(
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:41:46 PM by ladymichin »