Author Topic: Analyzing a suspicious program pop-up won't go away!  (Read 4095 times)

luluh79

Analyzing a suspicious program pop-up won't go away!
« on: September 20, 2012, 04:56:29 PM »
I cannot get the pop-up to close when avast decides to send a program to the sandbox.  I have added the file to the exceptions list, but that doesn't seem to matter either.  I am trying to run eLiveBrowser for an online school, but avast keeps saying it is a suspicious program.  The only way I can get rid of the pop-up is to completely restart my computer, but even after adding the file as an exception the box still pops up.  I am using the free version, so is there a way to get rid of this pop-up?  Please don't simply suggest upgrading to the pro version - if this is the type of issues I can expect when using avast!, it will guarantee that I choose a different antivirus software.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Analyzing a suspicious program pop-up won't go away!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 05:51:22 PM »
see screen shot #47 - 48  http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Avast-Home-Edition-Screenshot-6474.html

sett action to take: to ask, then when you get the pop up, select run normal and remeber my answer

did that work ?

Sequoyah

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:19:39 AM »
I have done everything that you  said, but nothing happened. I have used this one program for the last 7 years, and this is the first time that avast has said anything about the program. And I have tried to terminate now button, but it just keeps running, and running. How do I shut it off?
Thanks for your help,
Sequoyah

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 09:07:51 AM »
@Sequoyah

what program?

if you add the program file to chest manually (it will only be a copy) then you can right click it and upload to avast lab
you may add a link to this topic