Author Topic: GPS Tracking for a lost phone on rooted phone on a web interface?  (Read 3542 times)

chaksh

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus. I had installed Avast Free Mobile Security on it while it was unrooted. I have since rooted the phone but have been unable to activate the "Automatically enable GPS" tab under Anti- Theft Advanced settings. Further, if enabled and in the event of having lost my cell, how do i track its position online or do I just get its Lat- Long on sms.

Would appreciate if somebody can throw some light on these issues.

Regards.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: GPS Tracking for a lost phone on rooted phone on a web interface?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 07:56:45 AM »
Hi,

I think you have to reinstall Anti-Theft in rooted mode to enable the rooted features. Online tracking is available in the current beta. http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=101642.75

Filip

Sjuice

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 12:05:20 AM »
ok... I got a rooted phone and I can't unable to GPS for anti-theft.  You are suggesting to reinstall the avast! application in rooted mode. But how can we install an application with rooted mode? The only way to install an application is by going to PlayStore. Can you please explain more? because I seriously want that GPS feature -__-

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 06:44:21 AM »
Hi,

you install Mobile Security from Google Play, but you install Anti-Theft using built-in wizard. If you choose and advanced installation there, you can select a rooted installation which is exactly what you need.

Filip