Author Topic: Avast has marked my domain as malicious in error.  (Read 7959 times)

flyboy1957

Re: Avast has marked my domain as malicious in error.
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 05:19:26 PM »
Weird that it is giving a 'malicious url' MAL:URL (?) alert as that is normally associated with a domain name or IP address.

I notice on the home page there is a couple of off site scripting links, facebook.net (not unusual) and vivociti.com (is this one meant to be there ?

Yes, one is the facebook like box with link to the clients facebook page, the other is the like box developer.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast has marked my domain as malicious in error.
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 05:40:27 PM »
The vivociti.com one doesn't get an alert of avast anyway, so it shouldn't have been that either.

This test.zip file, if it were that would have to have been something in the contents as avast doesn't block by file name (blacklist) as files could be named anything at all so the detections are signature/heuristic/algorithmic based, not file name.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security