Author Topic: invalid file signature  (Read 100210 times)

avekigara

Re: invalid file signature
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 01:32:39 AM »
OMG! I should have gone to this thread before I Uninstall and then re-install avast AGAIN! and still got avast update: invalid file signature. So I'm taking a wild guess that it's not my OS's fault this problem occur? Hope it got resolves soon or at least someone let us know how to fix this if re-installing doesn't work

running on Win7 32 bit

megapancake

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 01:33:07 AM »
I was browsing the web and it tried to auto update so all i saw was the red malware popup. Not the best way to be jolted up. (It was just saying it failed to update)

MaryG

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 01:34:21 AM »
joining the group.  invalid file sig.  how will we know when fixed?

windows 7 64 bit
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:36:14 AM by MaryG »

GTX66

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 01:34:53 AM »

I am getting rather annoyed fooling around with a paid service that should be able to update itself. I have done a Repair of AIS and a complete re install of AIS 7.0.4066. If I have to do another one it may not be with this prduct. Last week I was getting BSOS's and now this. :'(

GeorgeBGolf

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 01:35:51 AM »
Also have the same problem.  Only began on opening computer this morning.  Worked fine yesterday. Thanks and hope to hear soon.

Pokesaver

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 01:36:56 AM »
I was browsing the web and it tried to auto update so all i saw was the red malware popup. Not the best way to be jolted up. (It was just saying it failed to update)
I know what you mean,  was in the middle of a League of Legends game!

GTX66

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 01:37:04 AM »

I have no clue. This program thinks Firefox is malware. I have about had my fill of this program!

Jeff_

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 01:38:10 AM »
Avast will not update for virus definition version 121003-1
Last encountered error: Invalid file signature. Setup will terminate.

Win 7 64 bit
Avast free edition

... seems I am not alone, was worried it may be a virus or malware.

Parissh

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 01:38:44 AM »
I've used avast! for more than 3 years and this would be the first time a concern with definition updates or any problems with avast! has occurred so I say hats off to the "infrastructure guys" and IT support for the consistant high quality service. Cheers from Canada.

The infrastructure guys are investigating the problem... will be fixed as soon as possible.
Please be patient. Sorry for the troubles.

Pokesaver

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 01:40:00 AM »

I have no clue. This program thinks Firefox is malware. I have about had my fill of this program!
That sounds like malware, i suggest you post a thread in the viruses and worms section

Offline Geoffo

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 01:41:22 AM »
Me too absolutely identical as everyone else "Last Encountered error: Invalid File Signature, Setup will terminate
Never once had a problem before and it's been running fine for ages
Tried Uninstall - and selected Fix Repair and up pops "Error Processing Package. Please Use Full Upgrade"

I'm running Windows 7, avast prog 7.0.1466 last successful definitions were 121003-01

Has anyone heard from Avast yet? 
Win7, Chrome, Avast MBAM, SUS,

megapancake

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 01:42:47 AM »
Me too absolutely identical as everyone else "Last Encountered error: Invalid File Signature, Setup will terminate
Tried Uninstall - and selected Fix Repair and up pops "Error Processing Package. Please Use Full Upgrade"

I'm running Windows 7, avast prog 7.0.1466 last successful definitions were 121003-01

On the last page an avast team member posted saying theyre looking at it.

Mcbuff

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 01:45:19 AM »
Me too. . .what's the deal folks?

Offline Geoffo

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 01:47:33 AM »

On the last page an avast team member posted saying theyre looking at it.

Thanks, I shall be patient
Win7, Chrome, Avast MBAM, SUS,

Raonaid

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2012, 01:48:08 AM »
Window's 7 64 Bit - Am having the same problem and I mentioned having problems on facebook. Which a friend said she is experiencing the same problem. What gives? I loved this program up until now. I had NO problems... I uninstalled, ran the uninstall tool, even did a system's restore. Nada.