Author Topic: invalid file signature  (Read 100211 times)

KinightOfLight

Re: invalid file signature
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2012, 08:49:51 PM »
Hello,
issue was localized and new VPS was just released.
Sorry for waiting long time for new VPS update.

Milos

Thank you guys from Avast Team! You guys the best, keep on the amazing stuff with Avast, keep on rocking the world!!  :D

MatteoB

« Reply #151 on: October 04, 2012, 08:53:27 PM »
Errrrrm still seems to be problems. My Avast was showing 121003-1 and claiming all was up to date until just a minute ago. It was only reading here that there was a 121004-0. This means that despite being set to auto update and my wifi working fine, the program is no longer auto updating: not good. I had to manually update.

Davy

« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »
It's OK now, so must have been fixed.

Dave

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2012, 09:01:17 PM »
Errrrrm still seems to be problems. My Avast was showing 121003-1 and claiming all was up to date until just a minute ago. It was only reading here that there was a 121004-0. This means that despite being set to auto update and my wifi working fine, the program is no longer auto updating: not good. I had to manually update.
Well avast by default is only checking for updates every 4 hours so depending on when your avast last checked for an update would more than likely be out of the set time frame as the latest vps update has only just been released.

MatteoB

« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2012, 09:10:24 PM »
Ok I will give it some time. BTW should I have the proxy set to direct connection or Auto detect (internet explorer settings). I was buggering about last night and I forget which is the one that works best and is default. I use firefox and use wifi  on a sky subscription.

Cheers.

steaming

« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2012, 09:16:29 PM »
Well avast by default is only checking for updates every 4 hours so depending on when your avast last checked for an update would more than likely be out of the set time frame as the latest vps update has only just been released.

If you'd like it more frequently than that, click on "Settings" (top right of main pane) -> "Updates" (second option from top left) -> "Auto-update interval" (scroll down for it if needed), and under "Auto-update every <240> minutes," enter whatever value (120, 60?) you wish.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2012, 09:22:29 PM »

If you'd like it more frequently than that, click on "Settings" (top right of main pane) -> "Updates" (second option from top left) -> "Auto-update interval" (scroll down for it if needed), and under "Auto-update every <240> minutes," enter whatever value (120, 60?) you wish.
Avast free can only update at 120min's minimal, setting to below this limit will revert it to checking every 240min's.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2012, 09:26:13 PM »
Ok I will give it some time. BTW should I have the proxy set to direct connection or Auto detect (internet explorer settings). I was buggering about last night and I forget which is the one that works best and is default. I use firefox and use wifi  on a sky subscription.

Cheers.
Default is to use internet explorer settings which works for me but i only use IE but many here have it set to direct connection, try default and if it's not working set to direct.

steaming

« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2012, 09:29:10 PM »
Avast free can only update at 120min's minimal, setting to below this limit will revert it to checking every 240min's.

Oh?  My mistake.  Thanks for the correction, Craig.  Well, two hours still better and twice as frequent than four, if that's what Matteo wants.

[edit]  Hmm, are you sure, Craig?  Does the readout reflect that reset to default?  I just tested that quickly with a free version of Avast, and the entered value itself, at least, set to 60 minutes, remains unchanged for the moment.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:34:47 PM by steaming »

theophylact

« Reply #159 on: October 05, 2012, 01:43:21 AM »
Got this answer from Tech Support: Go to add/remove programs, click on Avast, select "repair".

Worked for me.

Offline leftisthominid

« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2012, 01:46:40 AM »
I have 121005-0, but got no update notification. Anyone else have this?

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
  • Never Be Rude
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2012, 01:50:42 AM »
Latest update information
Version:12100500, 2012-10-04

I do and I got the update popup.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:55:47 AM by -midnight »

Liz

« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2012, 01:52:27 AM »
My problem was resolved when I booted my computer this morning and just now Avast upgraded to the '5' definition.

Thank you AVAST!!  :)

Liz

Offline leftisthominid

« Reply #163 on: October 05, 2012, 01:53:28 AM »
Did you get an update notification. Mine somehow failed to give me one. I am confused

steaming

« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2012, 02:01:44 AM »
I'll just repeat here, and add another to the count of "all's well" -- got the 121005-0 update, got the notif.