Author Topic: Avast + utorrent  (Read 3314 times)

Bifaurus

Avast + utorrent
« on: July 31, 2012, 09:07:46 PM »
Hello guys. I have avast internet security and i´m having problems since i reinstalled my system. When i´m using utorrent my pc lags a lot and i´m sure it isn´t P2P shield fault. I turned it off and the problem persists. The problem is the firewall, i turn it off and the computer works fine with utorrent, if i turn it on i can´t use the computer. And yes utorrent is in applications rules. Is there any way to fix this? Thank you !

blue_fyre

Re: Avast + utorrent
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 09:09:52 PM »
 Is firewall in factory settings? When you say lag, do you mean cpu graph shoots up in task manager?

Bifaurus

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 04:47:29 PM »
Yes it is. And yes, when i´m downloading something my computer becomes almost impossible to use.

XKillerBoy

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 07:48:08 PM »
I also have this problem. And as far as i can see this problem have existed for quite some time.

Jaggsu

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 01:27:48 AM »
I see this problem is a long-standing one.  I have the same issue; whether or not the P2P shield is on or off, whether or not uTorrent is checked, it doesn't matter.  What slows the system down is the firewall itself.

The problem doesn't go away until the firewall is disabled which defeats the purpose of having Avast in the first place.  If the issue isn't fixed before renewal, I'll be moving on.