Author Topic: Another Invalid File Signature Failed Update  (Read 6777 times)

Jimdish255

Another Invalid File Signature Failed Update
« on: October 04, 2012, 01:33:33 AM »
In all my years of using the program never had this happen before. Using the free version on a very newly built computer Windows 7. Was good for a few days then nogo. Uninstalled with tool in safe mode. Renistalled but it still somehow remembered the last update had failed. Could not have possibly uninstalled everything. Been at it for an hour now.

Jimdish255

Re: Another Invalid File Signature Failed Update
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 01:37:27 AM »
Just wondering also new to the forum how I could change the time. Showing 4 hours different from my current time zone on all the threads.

Pokesaver

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 01:38:19 AM »
Avast is looking into it. Be patient.

darkwolf

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 01:39:37 AM »
Even removing the program in Safe Mode does not remove all traces of the program. I use CCleaner and Revo Uninstaller. Revo Uninstaller works to remove all traces and then CCleaner removes what is left along with the key left in the registry.

lordelric13

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 01:46:51 AM »
My wife and I both received this message.  A laptop and desktop, both running Win7.

Pokesaver

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 01:49:09 AM »
Do not try to find a fix for it since there isn't one, you are most likely causing more harm than help on your computer. Do not fear, you are not at much risk, and avast! is aware and is actively trying to resolve the issue. Do stay calm, be patient, and wait for some more updates!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 02:42:57 AM »
For those of you who are are using the regular release version 7.0.1466, and the repair failed - 'Error processing packages. Please use full update.' - then this worked for me on my win7 netbook with 7.0.1466:

Then you will need to do a Manual update of VPS - avast! Virus Definitions Update - Manual Download VPS Update (virus definitions, vpsupd.exe, approx 67.5 MB). - Save the file to your hard disk, locate where you saved it and double click it and that should carry out the virus definitions update.

If you don't want to go through that process, then wait for the avast team to resolve it, which hopefully won't take too long.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

GTX66

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 02:45:10 AM »
For those of you who are are using the regular release version 7.0.1466, and the repair failed - 'Error processing packages. Please use full update.' - then this worked for me on my win7 netbook with 7.0.1466:

Then you will need to do a Manual update of VPS - avast! Virus Definitions Update - Manual Download VPS Update (virus definitions, vpsupd.exe, approx 67.5 MB). - Save the file to your hard disk, locate where you saved it and double click it and that should carry out the virus definitions update.

If you don't want to go through that process, then wait for the avast team to resolve it, which hopefully won't take too long.

This does not work/

Annis Faerydae

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 02:52:12 AM »
I saw hundreds of posts like this in the English and Spanish forums both... so we will have to wait until avast! can figure this out. It's a shame, because it's an excellent antivirus, but I will have to uninstall and use a different antivirus until this is resolved so we dont risk all our machines, since we surf the web all day long... I hope it is fixed soon and good luck!!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 03:16:25 AM »

This does not work/

Well some information might not go amiss as in why, what errors did you get ?
What version of avast are you using free/pro/AIS and what build ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Jimdish255

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 04:27:23 AM »
Oddly I just found the date on my PC was wrong. After the change I was able to update. Did that fix it? How did it change? Why did it work before? In any case it just updated.