Author Topic: How to imporve the Avast and security?  (Read 8518 times)

TG

Re: How to imporve the Avast and security?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 08:38:55 PM »
Yo! Thanks a lot people. I have installed Bitdefender free edition and by default the shield is disable so it is not conflicting with Avast. I also did little bit of testing with it by the old Virus file which I had kept in password protected zip file. All though Avast is still not detecting the fold file as virus, bitdefender did !!  So Now I have a

faster onaccess scanner engine [Avast] ,
Better looks [Avast] ,
Good Easy Mail protection [Avast] ,
Better P2p Schield [Avast]
Strong scanner for HDD when suspicious activity is observed [Bitdefender]

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How to imporve the Avast and security?
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2005, 02:46:57 PM »
Don't forget if you do happen to find something not detected by avast! (with your enhanced security), then if you can zip and password protect ('virus', will do) the suspect file and send it to virus @ avast.com (no spaces).

Give a brief outline of the problem, the fact that you believe it to be a new/undetected virus and include the password in the body of the email. Some info on the avast version and VPS number will also help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security