Author Topic: PowerDVD10 Blu-Ray problem back with AV Free Version 7, old fix doesn't work  (Read 2506 times)

AlanMintaka

Hello,
Back in the days of AV Free version 6. Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 had problems with Blu-Ray playback unless the Behavior Shield was either entirely deactivated, or the option to "Monitor System for unauthorized changes" was disabled.  No longer.

The same problem is back with AV Free Version 7, and the above fix does not work. 

PowerDVD10 symptoms: when player is launched and BD disc is selected for playback, program prompts twice for user to select region code.  Then program returns "Internal Error 800401F9" and stops working.

After the Behavior Shield fix didn't work, I disabled all other real-time shields and still had the problem  The next step is to uninstall Avast entirely, but I was wondering first if anyone had tried anything else with Avast that fixed the problem.

Thanks for your time,
Alan Mintaka

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Has your PowerDVD Player just been updated ? have you checked to make sure the player and your drive are set to the same region ?

example - for Australia my drive region is 4 and my bluray player region is B
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:41:41 PM by craigb »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
If you have disabled all shields, yet the problem still exists, I would imaging that the condition would still exist when uninstalled.

If it doesn't exist when avast is uninstalled, then that to me points to a possible conflict, removing one element of a conflict (uninstall avast) then no conflict. But it doesn't give what the other conflicting application is or which is at fault.

What is your OS and what other security based applications do you have installed (firewall, anti-spyware, etc.) ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security