Author Topic: printer blocked?  (Read 2685 times)

REDACTED

printer blocked?
« on: October 06, 2012, 12:09:09 AM »
Can't see any threads here that address this recently...
Just bought a new HP3051A J611 wireless printer, have avast free v7. Printer installation was seamless. But each day for the past three, whenever I try to print, I get a failure to communicate error message. Even running HP's Print and Scan Doctor shows all printing set-up as good, no problems. Have been on the phone with HP Wed, they 'fixed' it. Thurs, same problem, called HP, they 'fixed' it. Friday (today), same problem. They are now having me call (which I don't think I can do) avast because, according to HP, avast knows there is a problem with this issue.

My old HP d110a wireless printer worked just fine with avast free.

The extent of the above-referenced 'fixes' was to have me reboot the computer and turn the printer off, then back on...
There's gotta be a better fix than that! And I seriously do not see very many similar issues here, newer than, what, 2009...!

And just like everybody else, need help NOW! (lol!)

Thanks, World!

(anyone know if we can call avast for support?)

CharleyO

Re: printer blocked?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 05:16:54 AM »

Have you tried uninstalling the printer software, reboot the computer, and then reinstall the printer software?

If not, then give that a try.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: printer blocked?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 06:31:18 AM »
Hi jffryrndll,

Please remove your email address from your user name.  You could receive a bit of spam email if you do not.

Give the re-install a go.  Avast! free does not have a firewall included in the program, and, sometimes, a firewall will block wireless/wired connections if the option to allow a connection is set to not permitted.  Your connection could also be dropped from day to day due to inactivity.

Come back if the re-install does not clear your problem.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801