Author Topic: my online banking has been stolen,avast can't detect it !!  (Read 8880 times)

wbear

my online banking has been stolen,avast can't detect it !!
« on: October 07, 2012, 06:15:47 AM »
I have been use avast for many years,but yesterday,something upset me,yesterday,I log on my online banking account as usual,suddenly,i found something strange,my online banking accouting has no money,but I remeberd I had just deposited €10,000 in my account a few days ago,this amazed me,i just thought someone use my account for"washing money",a friend recommend i do a virus scan,i did so,but avast detect nothing,i turn to avira antivir,antivir detect  10+trojan and virus,it included zeus,i think my account password has been stolen by the hacker use the trojan,and then transfer my money to his account,during this period avast still detect nothing until i found my online banking accounting is empty,I'm disappionted about avast,your should improve your detection!!!!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: my online banking has been stolen,avast can't detect it !!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 08:18:02 AM »
no security program have 100% detection

can you post Avira scan log so we can see what was detected?

wbear

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 08:51:48 AM »
sorry, the system crash during the avira scan,but i remeber avira detect many trojan that avast can't detect it,I
reinstall the system,so I can't provide the avira scan log

true indian

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 10:50:40 AM »
Actually,even Avira misses a lot more than avast misses...avira free can let in a lot of stuff with no web guard that avast doesnt.

More ever,Avast! or avira cannot provide 100% security and you need to excerise self caution which is most important...if you dont do that then get ready to be infected even with any AV around  :P

So its not the problem with detection rates...its the problem with relying on your AV to protect you a 100% without you having layered security.  ;)

Avast! detection rates are very good..I have tested so Malware Packs and other things with it in my VM and trust me its damn good.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:57:02 AM by true indian »

wbear

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 11:09:25 AM »
I don't agree with you,although avira free without webguard,yet it has a stronger Monitoring capabilities than avast ,avast has  excellent detection in file detetion test in the AV-comparatives,but it got a lower detection in the dymatic test  and proactive test,according to av-comparatives, but the avira is better in these field,showing that avast is Vulnerable  to unkown malware,so I'd like to use avira ,for the sake of the unsecurity feeling of using avast
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:12:03 AM by wbear »

true indian

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 11:16:28 AM »
Really!? wbear...you are trusting something like AV-C...They dont have any sole proof that they really tested products...

More ever,when i test avast with malc0de database and many other sources it does better than avira.

Avast! has more features and is much better with unknown malware with its sandbox and filerep
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:18:08 AM by true indian »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

true indian

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »
-> http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/AV/Virus60-DayStats

Thats a better proof right there..More ever,there is better explanation on test methodology there than on AV-C

Avast! has 161+ million users..more than avira..explains why avira is not good.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:21:53 AM by true indian »

true indian

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:33:45 AM by true indian »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 11:28:24 AM »
What makes me wonder is how you managed to get infected by several trojans in the first place. I mean, i've often tried using heavily outdated VM system and intentionally tried infecting my system, yet apart from few simple toolbars, i never managed to do so.

Only real infection vectors are cracks from unverified sources and even there, 90% of them are probably clean...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 11:30:13 AM »
and just to add... Shadowserver is no test..... but live   ;)

true indian

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »
What makes me wonder is how you managed to get infected by several trojans in the first place. I mean, i've often tried using heavily outdated VM system and intentionally tried infecting my system, yet apart from few simple toolbars, i never managed to do so.

Only real infection vectors are cracks from unverified sources and even there, 90% of them are probably clean...

Correct,RejZoR...If you dont wanna excercise self caution..stay offline,dont plug in USB's etc

In a indirect way,dont use your PC  ;)

wbear

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
I perhaps enter into a website contain malware which pretend to be normal and infected with a trojan downloader,download many trojan to our computer (include ZEUS),SO MY ACCOUNT MONEY has been stolen by the hacker use the trojan

true indian

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 11:42:40 AM »
I perhaps enter into a website contain malware which pretend to be normal and infected with a trojan downloader,download many trojan to our computer (include ZEUS),SO MY ACCOUNT MONEY has been stolen by the hacker use the trojan

Follow this guide:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Attach all logs here and then essexboy will help you with the removal part

Next,time remember: without self caution  you will be infected with anything irrespective of the AV you have..And not to trust something like AV-C who have no proof of did they test or not

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 11:44:35 AM »
so it seems....anyway i guess the bank will take the loss...... at least thats how it is done in my country