Author Topic: Updated Free Avast  (Read 4058 times)

mustang64

Updated Free Avast
« on: October 09, 2012, 12:45:54 AM »
Hi there,
It would be nice if there could be some kind of a notice as to what changes are in the new program.  I am having a bit of grief with it!
First of all the GUI takes quite a while to come on...SO I re-started my iMac27 16Gigs of Ram IntelCore I7 etc, etc...The darn computer froze right up...I had to hit the button at the back, waited for a while and re-booted, wow, thanks it came back on...

Guess what the GUI still takes quite a while to come on when you open Avast also the popup for the updates were set to show on the bottom right, guess what?  It came up on the the TOP right... Oh, well, it's free but I am thinking I may install this thing, I never had a problem before.
p.s. The GUI used to open up as soon as I opened AVAST...eeeeeekkkkkk!!!!
~Verne~

mustang64

Re: Updated Free Avast
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 12:49:09 AM »
Re my above post, I may UNISTALL, get rid of it is what I meant to say, Sorry...Works like a charm on my Windows machine, but kind of sucks on my iMac...
~Verne~

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 01:00:45 PM »
Hi there,
It would be nice if there could be some kind of a notice as to what changes are in the new program.  I am having a bit of grief with it!
First of all the GUI takes quite a while to come on...SO I re-started my iMac27 16Gigs of Ram IntelCore I7 etc, etc...The darn computer froze right up...I had to hit the button at the back, waited for a while and re-booted, wow, thanks it came back on...

Guess what the GUI still takes quite a while to come on when you open Avast also the popup for the updates were set to show on the bottom right, guess what?  It came up on the the TOP right... Oh, well, it's free but I am thinking I may install this thing, I never had a problem before.
p.s. The GUI used to open up as soon as I opened AVAST...eeeeeekkkkkk!!!!
~Verne~

Hallo,
the very first (after install or update) GUI opening must perform many additional tasks first, and will be significantly slower than any subsequent opening - isn't this that case?

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

Darkcarbon

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 08:50:37 PM »
Hello brings a new update avast deploy todays?
cordially
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:54:30 PM by Darkcarbon »