Author Topic: BART CD with promis raid / no a drive  (Read 6957 times)

sethmw

BART CD with promis raid / no a drive
« on: January 29, 2005, 01:32:21 AM »
I am atempting to use the BART recovery CD on a macihine with an IDE Promise raid array, and obviously it is not detected in the boot from the CD Rom,  It i s definately the drivers missing, it is a Fasttrack raid.  My question is, it is much easier for me to put the drivers on the CD when I burn it then to find an A drive to use.

The question:  Where exactly would I put the drivers.  I tried copying several drivers that I sasw missing from the /SYSTEM32/DRIVERS section but that didn't do it.  What drivers exactly should I be moving, and do I need to set anything else to have it recognized.

Thanks alot for the help.

Seth

w0mbat

Re: BART CD with promis raid / no a drive
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 05:37:40 PM »
When creating the CD, you get asked for a local (HDD) DIR to add to the CD.  You can put the drivers there, and when booting from BART you are asked if you need to load special drivers to press F6 I think it is.....  and then use the path to the CD.

The files required differ for each chipset, so I would add them all!  Plenty of space on the CD.

Cheers

--wombat

sethmw

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 03:35:04 PM »
Ive tried that, but the boot loader only alows you to put the disk in drive A after you press 'F6" it doesnt allow you to change the drive or directory??? Thoughts??

w0mbat

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 01:28:56 AM »
DANG!   Thoughts are that it's another short sighted limitation of the M$ developers......
Maybe some others will have a suggestion.....

Make sure you post the answer here please if you sort it.....

cheers.....