Author Topic: avast free antivirus 7.0.1466 + comodo firewall exceptions  (Read 5032 times)

WhizzKidRaJ

avast free antivirus 7.0.1466 + comodo firewall exceptions
« on: October 10, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »
Hello friends, I use avast free 7.0.1466 with comodo firewall 5.12 currently and wanted to know the exceptions I've to put in comodo firewall and in avast for both of them to have no conflicts. Now i know many people would suggests to carry on without any exceptions as it would work fine but then also u never know and also to optimize some performance of both of them i wanted to know all the exceptions i've to put in comodo firewall for avast and for comodo in avast. Every fine detail so that my knowledge would grow about all these. Thanks  :)  ::) ::) ::) ::)  ;D

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: avast free antivirus 7.0.1466 + comodo firewall exceptions
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 12:20:13 PM »
Add the Comodo program file to avasts File System Shield exclusions and all avast processes in Comodo should be set to allow all.

WhizzKidRaJ

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 12:59:56 PM »
thank you craigb sir for ur quick reply. I also want to add mbam pro with these 2 combo so would that make it more solid or i should be fine with these 2. And other than hitman pro and malwarebytes are their any genuine on demand scanners having well reputation as these 2. SAS sucks so other than SAS.
And yes forgot please give me a link to that mbam forum where they mentioned what to exclude from avast when running both avast and mbam pro realtime some updated 1 because that post have become older so any new post link.
Thanks  ::) ::) ::) ::) :)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »
Do the same with MBAM Pro by setting it's processes to allow all in comodo and add the comodo program file to the ignore list in MBAM

Avast - MBAM Pro exclusions are here in section K http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?act=findpost&pid=417798

Forget Hitman and stick with Malwarebytes, it's the best :)

WhizzKidRaJ

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 10:00:46 AM »
ok thanks criagb sir. But previously when i used this avast + mbam pro they had more exclusions to put in avast for mbam pro like mbamswissarmy.sys and all that files and now it tells only to exclude malwarebytes program files folder from avast and its update site from its web shield all trust processes. So has that changed now to not exclude mbamswissarmy.sys and some more files were there probably which i don't remember all of them currently.
And Comodo firewall once installed and configured doesn't i get updates from comodo regarding new threats to block like antivirus products get always. Only new versions update available it.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »
Yes MBAM updated the exclusions list so not so many needed any more.

Iv got no idea about the comodo new threat updates you have previously recieved, maybe they haven't released any ???

WhizzKidRaJ

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 07:55:20 PM »
Gracias craigb sir. Will like to learn more but this much would ok for now thanks again  ;) :)
All hail Avast, the best and the most configurable free antivirus  :D

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 07:57:08 PM »
NP's :)