Author Topic: AUTO RENEWAL  (Read 4677 times)

streamlan

AUTO RENEWAL
« on: October 11, 2012, 12:46:32 AM »

Apparently one cannot just buy an Avast License anymore without opting into the auto renewal program. There should be a check box at the time of purchase to either opt-in or opt-out of auto-renewal at the time of purchase. Having to log back in and remember to opt out is just Avast's way of trying to make a cheap buck off forgetful folks.

I'm a computer consultant, and I buy this product for different customers, and having to go in to each invoice and opt out of each auto billing is a pain. I may or may not see that customer again in a few years what have you, and don't even know if they'll still be using that computer.

Please allow just a one time purchase without having to re-log in and verify auto-renewal isn't checked.

Don't make it hard to buy your product Avast, please. After the last 7 Small Business roll out, and this I'm starting to have second thoughts about Avast.

streamlan

Re: AUTO RENEWAL
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 09:50:44 PM »
I purchased another three licenses today for a customer and saw that Avast put the option to not auto bill on renewal. This really helps me and I'm glad they put this functionality in.

Thank you Avast for giving us this choice, as a result I'll continue purchasing and recommending your products.

emilemma

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »
can someone please tell me how to reset the renewal option to manual on my order placed on 9-03-12...

i checked the online web store site for my order, but there is no place there
to designate ANY kind of renewal...

i entered correct order info and the order screen appeared, but with NO palace to
specify ANY KIND of renewal...

many thanks...

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 10:30:10 PM »

@  emilemma -

It would be better if you started a new thread as this one has already been solved and is a slightly different problem.
Plus, your problem will be recognized sooner as many already know this one is solved for the OP.

ybnsane

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 04:52:56 PM »
 :-[ Today Nov.14-2013 I went online to RENEW and put in all my credit card info and was refused because I did NOT check the box for auto renew. I don't want to auto-renew , I don't like leaving my credit card laying around out there. I am looking for another antivirus because of this trickery. Its shameful and low. Not at all what I expected from what I thought was a reputable company.