Author Topic: cc cleaner  (Read 11858 times)

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
Re: cc cleaner
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 06:25:52 PM »
Iv not seen CCleaner remove passwords before unless the boxes for saved passwords was actually ticked and by default it is not so i dont know what you've done there but something isnt right.

Like I said I didn't tick anything.  I don't know about the default settings.  I just ran the scan so would that be the default?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 07:28:17 PM »
If you didn't touch anything then that is the default settings.

Just for specific's we are talking about CCleaner from the Piriform website?  as your topic title say's " cc cleaner "
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 07:33:25 PM by craigb »

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 08:05:48 PM »
If you didn't touch anything then that is the default settings.

Just for specific's we are talking about CCleaner from the Piriform website?  as your topic title say's " cc cleaner "

I didn't touch anything.  I did a search for CCleaner but can't remember the website I downloaded it from.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 08:29:27 PM »
Well, by default in the Windows tab, passwords aren't checked on the list for removals. The same appears to be correct in the Applications tab, passwords are unchecked. So I have no idea where your passwords went.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 08:45:15 PM »
Well, by default in the Windows tab, passwords aren't checked on the list for removals. The same appears to be correct in the Applications tab, passwords are unchecked. So I have no idea where your passwords went.

Neither do I.  Didn't remember my password for this forum either.

drummerman

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2012, 08:46:25 PM »
Used it for years, never had a problem though I dont use the Registry 'fixing' option.

regards

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2012, 09:48:02 PM »

I rather suspect that you deleted cookies, as they may also contain the information so you don't have to log on every time. That is distinctly different from the 'Saved Passwords' option in ccleaner, e.g. those which you have your browser remember/save.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 10:01:10 PM »

I rather suspect that you deleted cookies, as they may also contain the information so you don't have to log on every time. That is distinctly different from the 'Saved Passwords' option in ccleaner, e.g. those which you have your browser remember/save.

You're probably right.  I don't know all that much about these different cleaners so I would be afraid to use any of them.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2012, 10:05:03 PM »
May I suggest you do some digging around the GUI to learn more. There are also help files.
I have CCleaner to clean some cookies and leave some alone.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 10:34:52 PM »
not to forget.... CCleaner forum  :D

http://forum.piriform.com/