Author Topic: Limited on number of devices in 1 account  (Read 3101 times)

SuperWoman2007

Limited on number of devices in 1 account
« on: October 15, 2012, 01:33:29 PM »
Hi,

I have been given the task of supporting 120 devices with Avast Mobile Security.  This is a great tool BUT i have been informed that the number of devices that you can have on 1 account with soon be given a limited  :o

Does anyone know if this is true and if so when this might be happening??  It would be great to be able to admin all the devices from 1 account  :D

All help and advise welcomed

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Limited on number of devices in 1 account
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 01:55:50 PM »
Hi,

Avast Mobile Security is primarily a consumer-oriented product, and as such, things are optimized for typical consumers... with just a few devices that need to be managed.

With 120 devices, I'm assuming you're a business user.

We're planning a more complete, more scalable version of AMS specifically designed for business users sometime next year.
In that version, the number of devices would not be limited (only by your license, of course) and also, the presentation of the list of devices would be much better suited to larger quantities.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

SuperWoman2007

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 02:46:17 PM »
Thank you very much.  As there is currently no limit would it be safe to add all 120 device until the Business version is out?  Would there be some kind of transfer available?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 07:14:51 PM »
I don't think there's any problem with adding any number of devices, besides it not being too user-friendly. I mean, there's for example no paging in the device list, so it would always be a pretty long list.

BTW I'm not sure whether you've read the AMS EULA but I'm afraid there's a clause that disallows use in a business environment.

Thanks
Vlk
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 07:50:58 PM by Filip Havlicek »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.