Author Topic: my.avast.com account <-> Security Status:Off  (Read 6062 times)

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
my.avast.com account <-> Security Status:Off
« on: October 15, 2012, 03:37:57 PM »
Hi,

Since I created a "my.avast.com" account for 3 Pcs , I have often a Security Status:Off on each pcs with by example : "Last communication:8 days ago" even if avast is up to date and says I'm connected with my email account.

Of course , If I log out than log on again by the avast setting account way , a new device appears with the same name (and same local IP) , Security info is now right with reality but it's annoying the old activity log missing.

Have I any chance to optain something good?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 03:44:43 PM by chris05 »

CharleyO

Re: my.avast.com account <-> Security Status:Off
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 04:24:21 AM »

Have you tried a repair of Avast?

For XP -

Control panel  >  Add/remove programs  >  click once on avast to select it  >  click on Change/Remove  >  scroll down the left pane and click on repair  >  click OK  >  follow directions.

For W7 -

Control Panel  >  Programs  >  Programs and Features  >  click on avast  >  click on Uninstall/Change  >  click on Repair from the left pane  >  then folllow the steps.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 08:18:48 PM »
Hello,

Yes I have done it 2 or 3 time since my.avast aviable . Even done a clean install with the tool when I had 7.0.1451 other issue.
But pb (it's not a big pb )always here.
I don't know if it's able to create trouble but I change many time / day  my IP WAN.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 10:39:09 PM »
Hello ,

again today , ... , and on each 3 pc at the same time => last com = 33 h even when set to 10 min (disconnect/connect) , reboot pc....

1 hour ago I updated AIS to the new version (7.0.1473) on 2 pc , then strange : new devices (with the same old name) were found and add to my profile :o

fortunately I can delete old , otherwise .... :D ;)

jtl999

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 03:16:46 AM »
Updated avast and did not need to do anything else.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 11:00:55 AM »
Hello,

and since yesterday , nothing correct even after reboot , reconnect , wait and wait , .....

lilsheba63

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 11:43:52 AM »
I have avast pro and my status shows OFF and not protecting my computer. There are several options that are given to correct this problem but nothing works!!!! I am really not wanting to install another antivirus but I cant leave this computer that belongs to my mom unprotected! PLEASE HELP! This was a 40 dollar program that wont work now at all! :( :'(

Offline culinor

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 12:22:11 PM »
Please report your AVAST version too.
There is another TOPIC for this issue - All Devices Stopped Reporting to AVAST Account - CRITICAL
Please search before posting new topics cos. many topics on the same issue waters down the problem.  :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:46:12 PM by culinor »

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 01:31:35 PM »
I have avast pro and my status shows OFF and not protecting my computer. There are several options that are given to correct this problem but nothing works!!!! I am really not wanting to install another antivirus but I cant leave this computer that belongs to my mom unprotected! PLEASE HELP! This was a 40 dollar program that wont work now at all! :( :'(

Right to say we would like to pay for a completed worked product and I don't think "myavast.com" account is very reliable tool.

But on the other hand , it's not an essential tool. The main use of avast seems to be ok , and it's what we need for our computer security.
Maybe a lot of others antivirus don't have this tool at all ;)

So , wait and see for this "all devices stopped" issue on my.avast

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 03:59:20 PM »
The problem isn't with Avast programs, but the myavast servers.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=107703.msg855016#msg855016

The servers worked for me yesterday as it was showing my devices as secure, but today shows unsecured.  No information is shown when clicking on "View Details" so the servers aren't working as they should right now.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner