Author Topic: Avast Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport not loading in DevManager  (Read 8785 times)

snadge

Avast Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport not loading in DevManager
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:47:33 PM »
I have Avast Internet Security installed on a trial and I was looking through the device manager and I found the following under network adapters

Avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport #3
Belkin Wireless-G USB Network Adapter - Avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport

they are not working, says 'cannot load the drivers for this device'

Am i protected by the firewall or not? in my wireless network adapter the Firewall NDIS Filter is in there but im assuming it connects to the above which isnt working, Avast does not report any problems?

thanks

snadge

Re: Avast Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport not loading in DevManager
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 01:55:04 AM »
anyone? 

stuff it... Avira here I come...

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 11:46:32 AM »
Hi, ndis creates a binding for every network adapter in the system. That is why you will see a lot of bindings with "Avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport" there - for every adapter in your system, even on removed adapters, USB adapters not inserted, inserted into a different USB port etc.

What really matters is if the driver is bound to the adapter you are using to connect to the net at the moment. You can verify that in the properties page of that adapter, if "Avast Filter" is checked there, it means it is loaded. If it fails to load for some reason - and this checkbox remains checked - the adapter is completely OFF - meaning no IP address, no connectivity. So you will notice quickly.

Please let me know I this is you case.

Thanks.
Lukas

gloryrussell

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »
This is my case. Suggestions? Thanks!