Author Topic: Avast! for Linux fails to start after attempting virus database update  (Read 6465 times)

Nathan P.

I just installed Avast! for my Xubuntu machine and after providing the key to use it I decided to bring it up on my desktop and update the virus database and after it completed Avast! said there was an error and now Avast! doesn't work anymore and when I try to open the program I get the error message "An error occured in avast! engine: Invalid argument" . So now basically Avast! for Linux is just for looks with the icon on my dock and it is pretty much useless.  Is there a way to fix this?  On Windows I never had Avast! fail on me this fast and I'm a bit disappointed with this but if anyone can help it will be appreciated because I need some kind of AV in Xubuntu because I do share files with others that use Windows.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0