Author Topic: Live protections turn themselves off after short periods, repeatedly.  (Read 1626 times)

BDroductions

Removed Comodo Firewall because past forum posts said it is not compatible with Avast free, even with disabling apparent conflicting services.

After removal of all Comodo products, and several reboots, AVAST still disables ALL live protections on it's own for no reason.  It does this every few hours and does not reactivate them on it's own.

I have NEVER tried an AV program that behaved this way or was so easy to disable.

I don't want to bash AVAST, but come on..  Avira may be more of a resource hog, but at least nothing I have ever installed EVER caused it to disable ANY of it's components.

The WHOLE POINT of a security application is to protect my system, not roll over and shut itself off when I need it most.

Why does it not have a watchdog timer to reactivate the protections in case of errors like this?

I like the memory footprint when it is working, but it's working less than 3-4 hours a day... that's not good enough for me or my family.

Why has nothing been done to correct this situation.

My copy is fully up to date, and updates itself WHEN it's active, which means after I manually tell it to "fix" issues.

does anyone have any idea why AVAST turns itself off after only a couple hours?

thanks.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Live protections turn themselves off after short periods, repeatedly.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 05:30:07 AM »
Some information about your system spec's, windows version, avast version, other security software installed, also include info about what AV was used before you installed avast and did you run a removal tool to eliminate remnants ?